White Patch

General "standards" discussion not specifically related to the coat variety
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Re: White Patch

Post by felixone123 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Diesel
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hello, my name is Ashlee. I have a Dutch Shepherd who will be 5 this summer. We live in Northwest Territories Canada. Diesel is a typical Dutch Shepherd, very high intelligence and extremely high energy.

Post by Diesel »

OMG, I can't stop lauging! :lmao:
Ashlee, Diesel and Halo
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

@ judith....too freaking funny!!!

@D's mom...Geyser has a little Superman triangle on her chest, and then the obligatory white whiskers around her front nuzzle, too. Seems it's preety darn commoln around her efor them to have some white somewhere :mrgreen:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Whaha, great JR markings, fit's the breed in a way :o :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
vneerland wrote:Prove it, Marjolein! :twisted:
jeez, you could just take my word for it :dsroll: but fine...

This is Ett, on her back she has a mickey mouse patch...

look harder!

Fine, I'll help out:

And here's the batman patch dog (lives in the same house as mickey :o :lol: )
Again, try a little harder....

aha!

8-)
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Very cool!
Sue (and Sugar)

vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

I did spot the upside down mickey/minnie mouse one right away. But would never have spotted (pun intended) batman. :lol:
alspyce wrote::o :eek: And what is the sex of the dog? Don't know if I'ld take that one out in public very often!!!
Not sure. I think it's a he. (named Dick) But it could, of course, be a brood bitch. :g_wink:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

vneerland wrote:
Not sure. I think it's a he. (named Dick)
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Sue (and Sugar)

Julia Lane
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am the owner of Spot On K9 Sports (www.SpotOnK9Sports.com) in South Elgin, IL. I'm also a contributing editor for The Bark magazine (www.thebark.com). My pack includes two rescue Dalmatians, Darby and Jolie, one rescue Dutchie, Ginger Peach, and one Border Collie, Magnum. We enjoy walks in the park, agility, nose work, rally, frisbee and swimming.

Post by Julia Lane »

Ginger Peach has a white chest patch in the shape of a butterfly!
LanePack101012.jpg
LanePack101012.jpg (89.21 KiB) Viewed 3664 times
Olie
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Post by Olie »

I dont know if my by is pure bread, but here are his patches anyway:

He has one bigger on his chest, a smaller one on his neck, and a very small one on his chin.
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

OMG! you all are too much! so great! and I completely love all the WHITE patches; and Vada's is stunning in her on-chair pose.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

OMG! you all are too much! so great! and I completely love all the WHITE patches; and Vada's is stunning in her on-chair pose.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
johninny
Working Dog

Post by johninny »