How large is your DS or Mal if you own one

General "standards" discussion not specifically related to the coat variety
JacobSzewczyk
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: (Personal Trainer) I'm a fitness fanatic. If you have anything health related you can ask.
I'm currently not owning a Dutch shepherd, However i own a GSD X Rottweiler
I will be looking to get a quality DS soon though for FR or PSA.

Also, I will be applying to become a police officer. And hopefully a few years down the road into the K9 subdivison. Thank's for visiting my profile.

How large is your DS or Mal if you own one

Post by JacobSzewczyk »

Just would like some Height/Weight measurements on them! Please include what line's they are from.. If you can
KNVP preferably but if you own a FCI line feel free to post!

I would also like to know if one of your bestfriends has passed.. What age it rested eternally.

Thanks.
Jacob&Skye
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: How large is your DS or Mal if you own one

Post by Dutchringgirl »

36-24-36 and 125

Oh the dog???? sorry

Thalie is about 55 lbs and Sadie is 60. I dont know why Sadie weighs more, Thalie is smarter. :doh:

Thalie is from France and from champion lines. Sadie........not so much.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Selena
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.

Post by Selena »

Our own line. Girls about 63-65 cm and weighing 30-34 kg, boys between 66-70 cm and weighing 35-40 kg. The boy of 70 cm is 14 mo and has to fill out, just as his sister.
JacobSzewczyk
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: (Personal Trainer) I'm a fitness fanatic. If you have anything health related you can ask.
I'm currently not owning a Dutch shepherd, However i own a GSD X Rottweiler
I will be looking to get a quality DS soon though for FR or PSA.

Also, I will be applying to become a police officer. And hopefully a few years down the road into the K9 subdivison. Thank's for visiting my profile.

Post by JacobSzewczyk »

LOL, Well that's a good size! Ohh.. And the dog's too.

And sounds like a good line Selena.
Jacob&Skye
Asha
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Emily. I am the mother of two girls (human!!). We have one beagle named Charlie who is three and a new puppy named Asha. She is about 9 weeks old and we think she is a Dutch Shepherd Dog mix.

Post by Asha »

Dutchringgirl wrote:36-24-36 and 125Oh the dog???? sorry
MWAHAHHAAHAA!! You are a goofball :lol: :lol: :lol:
Emily Owner of Three mutts
Charlie - beagle/basset 5yrs
Asha - No ### Idea brindle genius 1 yr
Russell - Redbone/GSD monster 6months
DS LOVER and obsessor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Asha wrote:
Dutchringgirl wrote:36-24-36 and 125Oh the dog???? sorry
MWAHAHHAAHAA!! You are a goofball :lol: :lol: :lol:

My job is done :geek:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Karin
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hi there.
I WILL be a new Dutch Shepherd owner on July 20th!!! Puppies are on the ground and a huge litter at 14! Very excited. I chose the Dutch because I like high drive dogs and my husband likes shepherds. We both have had GSDs in our past. I also am interested in search and rescue training. I live in the mountains of California and have two older Australian Shepherds. I do know that I have a job managing this pack. My husband is on board with it all. No kids. Both of us have flexible jobs. We are active folk but aging! ;-))
Still we mountain bike, hike, cross-country ski and my husband runs. I walk in the woods with the dogs 3 times a day and we are lucky to have US Forest right out the door. So that is it.

Post by Karin »

My guy is 63 lbs at 8 months old. I wish he would not grow another inch or ounce... I love this size. But alas...
He is out of FCI lines back to Le Dobry dogs out of the Netherlands.
Karin In Lake Tahoe
Ptygo de las Flores (Tee-go)
Born May 24, 2013
Tomoe
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: First dutchie, GSD previouslyi

Post by Tomoe »

Our youngest female Tomo is 42lbs, at about 10months now, hoping she will fill out a bit more. She has yet to have her first heat so I think after that there may be more size gained. Our other female Suka probably is her full size, exact age unknown, she was an import that our breeder took back from a family over their head. She weighs in at 50lbs, and will gain another 5lbs or so I predict with muscle but her frame is likely filled out. She just finished her second heat, the first not with us..oh she is 13months or so now approximately. Tomo is FCI lines, Suka unknown.
rallen
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: New Dutch Shepherd owner. I became familiar with them through MWD's. I researched them for a couple of years and finally got my pup from Holland.

Post by rallen »

My girl is about 8 months old now and is about 65 lbs.
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

Male, 2 1/2 years, 78 pounds.

Female, 2 1/2 years, 55 pounds.

The male is big but he's solid, very laid back, good all around with people, non typical Dutchie.

The female is on the small side but extremely hyper, almost to much energy, typical KNPV Dutchie.

M
deadrabbits
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: First Dutch owned. Was bought for my daughter and the family. Currently going through obedience classes. I am former military and currently working for a law enforcement agency. Have had labs most of my life and a friend introduced me to his Dutch and my family fell in love. Our current one is a female named pepper and is just now 3 months old. I would like to possibly train her for search and rescue

Post by deadrabbits »

As of today we went to peppers 4 month check up and she is just over 28 lbs. I think she is going to be on the large side. :huh:
Casey and pepper----- Mr H's long lost sister
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

deadrabbits wrote:As of today we went to peppers 4 month check up and she is just over 28 lbs. I think she is going to be on the large side. :huh:
At a good working body condition - I would say 55-60 pounds. I think that is a perfect size for a female!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
deadrabbits
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: First Dutch owned. Was bought for my daughter and the family. Currently going through obedience classes. I am former military and currently working for a law enforcement agency. Have had labs most of my life and a friend introduced me to his Dutch and my family fell in love. Our current one is a female named pepper and is just now 3 months old. I would like to possibly train her for search and rescue

Post by deadrabbits »

I want to keep her at that size but both her parents were big so I am not sure. I run her a lot and we do a lot of walking and ball drive to try and keep her lean
Casey and pepper----- Mr H's long lost sister
DanLu5
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I am a long time dog enthusiast but first time Dutch Shepherd owner. Logan is a KNPV bred Dutch Shepherd and great grandson of the great Arko Kikkert. He's by far the most demanding dog I've ever had but also by far the most rewarding.

Post by DanLu5 »

Logan is 63 lbs. at 11 months old. I think he's done growing height & length wise but may still fill out a bit more as his adult muscle mass comes in.
DND & Lohgs, ON
Brindle
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )

Post by Brindle »

"Force" Male will be 5yrs end of July, currently 78lbs
"Vodka" ( aka ' the brindle spring ' ) Female 9 1/2 months ( Force's daughter :D ) 42lbs

Both born in the USA and both go back to KNPV lines.
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
rallen
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: New Dutch Shepherd owner. I became familiar with them through MWD's. I researched them for a couple of years and finally got my pup from Holland.

Post by rallen »

My DS is about 80 lbs. I will take a height measurement of her soon.

Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

Wow, an 80 lb female. That's a big girl. She looks great.
jason41
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: New DS owner...well, since May. Love the breed and my dog :)

Post by jason41 »

I have almost 10 month old male. He's 82 pounds as of a week ago. He's not a pure bread, so we think he is part DS/part Clydesdale.
Attachments
IMG_1508.JPG
karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz »

Xander is 19 months. I haven't checked in a few months but 26 1/2 inches, 75 pounds. He is from vandalia Timo and soco. I think he is a great size.
Attachments
img20141129_113659.jpg
Karen & Xander
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Post by LyonsFamily »

Elli is 46lbs and 20.5", female age 4. Odin is 26" and 68lbs, male age 5. Odin's from unknown lines and Elli is Land of Oz Jett. As far as I know, she's the smallest in the litter and has a brother around 80lbs and her sisters are 55lbs or so.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA