Eye Color?

This area is for the discussion of conformation.
Forum rules
Please post at your own risk. Know that this is not a true conformation show, and that the comments made are based on pictures only and might not be a good reflection of what could be seen in real life. Pictures need to be owned by the poster or used with verifiable permission of the owner. The dog in the submitted picture should be owned OR bred by the poster, OR you should be able to show that you have explict permission from the dogs owner. You may be asked for verification . The admin reserves the right to remove posts when permission cannot be verified. No rights can be derived from these posts.
anniewang83
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Annie & Nick, first time owners of a dutch shepherd, named Amber, rescue from North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue (NADSR), fostered and trained by Kim Futch. Amber's favorite things to do are eating, chasing balls, chasing frisbees and napping with us in bed.

Re: Eye Color?

Post by anniewang83 »

I've never thought about eye color but here's a picture of Amber (and you can see where she got her name from). My neighbor once said, "when i look into her eyes, I don't know if she's going to lick me or eat me!"
Attachments
amber in snow color.jpg
amber in snow color.jpg (185.87 KiB) Viewed 6051 times
Nick & Annie (humans)
Amber (Dutchie)
currently living in New York City
Tappy4me
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I've had Belgian Malinois for years at my folks. I just got married, and a friend of mine who does search and rescue, had been keeping an eye out for Mali puppies for me. He came across a 9 month old Dutch Shepherd female pup who needed a home. She doesn't have the nerves to do the search and rescue she was intended for, but is perfect pet material. She's enough of a challenge to be alot of fun :)

Post by Tappy4me »

Rufus has 2 different eye colors.

Owned by Flint (American Eskimo Dog) and Rufus (Dutch Shepherd mix) :)

In loving memory of Maiya, the best Dutch Shepherd. 2012-2013. At 14 months old, you had yet to live life to it's fullest. You touched our lives and will never be forgotten.

~Jess
racingiron1
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hilde is a rescue that we suspect is at least partially Dutch Shepherd.

Post by racingiron1 »

I noticed that on the drive up. It's very striking and seems to fit with his quirky personality. I wondered if he had some Siberian Husky or Border Collie in him, but when they have mismatched eyes they're usually (always?) blue. Rufus just has a neat light and dark mix.
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde
Tappy4me
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I've had Belgian Malinois for years at my folks. I just got married, and a friend of mine who does search and rescue, had been keeping an eye out for Mali puppies for me. He came across a 9 month old Dutch Shepherd female pup who needed a home. She doesn't have the nerves to do the search and rescue she was intended for, but is perfect pet material. She's enough of a challenge to be alot of fun :)

Post by Tappy4me »

racingiron1 wrote:I noticed that on the drive up. It's very striking and seems to fit with his quirky personality. I wondered if he had some Siberian Husky or Border Collie in him, but when they have mismatched eyes they're usually (always?) blue. Rufus just has a neat light and dark mix.
Yea its very neat. If you take a piece of paper and cover half of his face at a time he looks like 2 different dogs. His brown eye side looks just like Maiya. Then he has the other side that is him. It's so interesting.
Owned by Flint (American Eskimo Dog) and Rufus (Dutch Shepherd mix) :)

In loving memory of Maiya, the best Dutch Shepherd. 2012-2013. At 14 months old, you had yet to live life to it's fullest. You touched our lives and will never be forgotten.

~Jess