I'm pretty sure I have a Dutchie....

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: I'm pretty sure I have a Dutchie....

Post by Raven »

Gingerman,

I'm going to reply with the belief that as of this moment the slate is wiped clean.

A few years ago, my Thor was putting on weight. Had no clue why. At the vet's, her first question was: "What's up with the weight?" :oops: She asked how much food he's given, training treats, etc. Because I was certain that my husband was following my feeding instructions, meals shouldn't have caused the weight to pile on. Then she asked who feeds him. And therein was the answer. Despite badgering my husband to only give Thor specified amounts (even gave him a measuring cup) he was feeding the dog so much that regardless of his activity levels and young age, he blimped. He was fibbing to me, but luckily, not to the vet. (His defense was: he's a big dog and needed more food !) Grrrrrrr.

Anyway, the point is Thor still looked like a DS. I can post some pictures if you want, but right now I have to leave.

If you are unable to determine by her looks and doing the finger-test on her ribs, your vet can quickly ascertain if your girl is overweight.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~