Forum rules and FAQ

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Forum rules and FAQ

Post by icvanstra »

- Post clear images of your canine. It is best to have multiple angles while standing (head on/side) with something in the photo that helps determine size and proportion.
- Post the canine's age (best guess), sex, spay/neuter
- Post the canines height, length, and weight
- Post where you obtained the canine
- Post as many facts/details about the canine as you can

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- If you are a new member it is polite to introduce yourself in the new members forum
- Please read through the FAQ section for information on how to post photos, create an avatar, change your password, etc

- DO NOT ARGUE with the people trying to help you. The question you are asking has been asked many times and previous posters arguing with the people trying to help them has driven off some of the best knowledge about the Dutch Shepherd Breed from actively participating. So I am going to repeat this - be polite, the people helping you are volunteering their knowledge.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you ask if your new canine friend is a "Dutchie" the answer is NO. Hang around the board for a while and you will find out why.

Admin note: this is a new forum as of 11/24/2013. I will be moving some of the more recent posts about this topic to this forum.

Admin note: this is for the existing board members. I am going to ask of all of you: Be accepting of the newbie questions. Now I'm going to let my bluntness (some would say Dutchness) through - if it isn't a Dutch Shepherd say so. Yes it is a cute dog and they likely have a wonderful new found friend (i've been there and done that) - Critique and be honest - but don't be Critical. If it isn't a Dutch Shepherd say why you feel that way.