Lewis

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Lewis
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have just rescued a dog with huge ears and i thinks it may be Dutch!!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Got him from a German Shepard rescue center not sure what he is but someone suggested that he could be Dutch!!

What do you all think?

http://imgur.com/a/hWfEw#881RcA7
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Lewis

Post by Raven »

Mod moved post to "Is My Canine A DS?"
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Lewis
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have just rescued a dog with huge ears and i thinks it may be Dutch!!

Post by Lewis »

Sorry read that as confirmation.
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

No problem.

Your boy's a looker, that's for sure. I can't comment on if/if not, but now that the holiday weekend is over, others will probably chime in.

Any other information that you can relay regarding behavior, temperament, attitude toward other dogs/animals/kids/strangers, prey drive, learning abilities, etc., would be helpful, though doesn't provide an absolute answer.

What have you been working on with him?

Also, post some full-side and frontal shots and stats about weight, age, etc.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Lewis
Just Whelped

Post by Lewis »

He is about 8-9 months old (some of the pictures posted are from a while back)
and 20.5kg
not sure how to measure how tall he is? head looking forwards or from the top of his ears or maybe the shoulder?

behavior, temperament is very very relaxed and confident and sometimes lazy, i have had to pick him up and carry him out the house before. He is very easy to handle you can do anything with him and the worst reaction you will get is that he thinks its a game and try and bite (soft play bites) towels when your trying to dry him for example.

Attitude toward other dogs is for the most part good but his main playmate is a 46kg rottweiler so he has yet to learn to tone things down with smaller dogs.
Strangers he loves but kids i don't know.
prey drive is intense, it like someone has thrown a switch. Not sure what he would be like if he got hold of another animal, he did get hold of the cat but i broke that up and even after having to remove the cat from his jaws the cat was not hurt at all not even bruised (pride maybe).

He has just been done and is not loving the cone of shame

Cone comes off Monday and then its off to training classes, this is my 1st dog so its all kinda new to me.
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Post by Stacy_R »

Very handsome! Tyson says thank you for rescuing!
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

In those last photos he really looks a lot like a doberman mix... I've seen the same markings on the legs on a litter of "Rottweiler/Plott hound" puppies at a shelter, but I'm not so sure that was accurate. Either way he's absolutely adorable and looks to be a lot of fun!!!!
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)