is this pup a Dutch Shepherd?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
ElkkRoad
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Interested in Dutch Shepherds! I own 2 dogs and 3 cats. In highschool, and am trying to learn more about the breed before considering adopting or buyinv one.

is this pup a Dutch Shepherd?

Post by ElkkRoad »

This is Dave, the foster said he is most likely a Dutch Shepherd mix. I just wanted someone who knows what to look for opinion. They said he is a finely-built, but sturdy dog. They also took a video of him and his brother, but im not sure if I could post those here.
(Im new so sorry if I mess stuff up)

"If your going through hell keep going "
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: is this pup a Dutch Shepherd?

Post by Raven »

He may have some DS in there, but I don't think anyone can tell you for sure. The only thing for certain is that he's awfully cute.

Dave...OMG, I can't stand it....How freakin' cute is that? Dave.... :D Made my day.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
ElkkRoad
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Interested in Dutch Shepherds! I own 2 dogs and 3 cats. In highschool, and am trying to learn more about the breed before considering adopting or buyinv one.

Post by ElkkRoad »

I know :D he's the cutest thing!
"If your going through hell keep going "
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

there is no way to really tell, he does have alot of white and DS dont have white or small amounts. But I do know he is super cute.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Z_Mom
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My name is Cindy. I live in southeast Louisiana. I'm the new owner of a Dutch Shepherd mix named Zorro.

Post by Z_Mom »

What a beautiful puppy! If his eyes were amber and he had less white on his feet he would look just like Zorro.
Cindy Lu
HeatherH
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Heather. My husband and I are empty nesters in or mid 40. We bought a 8 wk old ds from a breeder. We got the name buy a new neighbor. I bought thr dog because we both just putvthe last of or 3 dogs down. I had a dalmatian before I met my husband 4 yeats ago. The love of my life. Iove dogs that are smart and full of energy. I lve hiking but need yhe push. I am just learning alot about the new little guy, but I need more info.

Post by HeatherH »

The fact that he's already on the table and under you at the counter speaks volumes to which part of him is a DS.
Heather from Hamilton Ont.
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat
Scott123
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: We are serious and very proud of our pups...they have the best start possible. All of our bitches are OFA (Good or Excellent) bred only to carefully selected proven titled Field Champions sires. We work hard to ensure your pup is free of hereditary defects.

Post by Scott123 »

He is just looking like a German Shepard....
Mobil
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Post by Mobil »

Scott123 wrote:He is just looking like a German Shepard....
Have you ever actually seen a German Shepherd? :lol:
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Post by Stacy_R »

OH~MY~CUTENESS!!!!
SERIOUS cuteness overload, here!!!
And Ditto what Sharon said...DAVE...could his name be any better???

I think he looks like he could be just as much of a mix as any other of the mixes on this forum. You'll know over time...smarts, body structure, temperament...

And those EARS!!! I'm in puppy love (don't tell Tyson!!!!).
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org