Mishka a DS mix?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Mishkalover
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Here in Arizona. New owner of a female pup, Mishka. We think she is a Dutch Shepard.

Mishka a DS mix?

Post by Mishkalover »

Hello, my name is Jess... Kyle and I are owners of Mishka! We reside in southern Arizona- I am a registered nurse while Kyle is in law enforcement. We picked up Mishka from a family that was not able to take care of a puppy and were going to take her to the pound.
We snagged her right up with her overwhelming cuteness! At the time it was said she was 7.5 weeks old and they claimed she was "full German Shepard"- we knew otherwise just from her brindling.
After some research I'm pretty convinced she is a DS mix...what do you guys think?
Some facts:
Now she is almost 5 months old. Spay at 4 months
Weighs about 40lbs
She is 4.5ft long (little over 3 if you don't include her long tail)
2ft tall from paws to head (not including ears)
**side note: I feel like her weight right now doesn't coincide with her overall size. She still seems tiny for her age, but I could be crazy.**
Her paws are webbed- to what extent you'll need to judge from the picture.
Her personality is the best part! She is VERY energetic and will play all day if you let her. She is very affectionate and will also cuddle up to you. She is very curious and also likes to keep an eye on what you're doing...at all times. She recently discovered the pool and decided to go for a swim.
Training has been pretty darn easy! Potty training she picked up quick and when she did potty in the house that was on us because we didn't take her outside soon enough with her little bladder. But she had it down completely by about a month of having her. She got sit and lay down in one day....still working on stay lol and other obedience things but she is so quick to listen and pick up on things it blows my mind.
The picture below with the little girl in it is a picture of her dad that the pervious owners sent us.
It's hard to get a straight shot of her because she is always moving. Two pictures are from when we first got her.
Any input is appreciated! Thanks :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Jess, Kyle, and Mishka
Mishkalover
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Here in Arizona. New owner of a female pup, Mishka. We think she is a Dutch Shepard.

Re: Mishka a DS mix?

Post by Mishkalover »

More pictures...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Jess, Kyle, and Mishka
Starlight Pilot
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I used top be terrified of dogs as a kid. But I met a German Shepherd named Sheba and have been into dogs since I was 12, now I'm 32 and have successfully handled many of all sizes, breeds and temperaments. I titled my first dog Sport, a mixed breed, in agility and then got into schutzhund. I got to work with working bred GSDs and loved them. After Sport died I was offered a young Dutch Shepherd named Allie (short for alligator!). I adopted her and fell in love with the breed. I rescued several Dutchies after that and then Allie was killed tragically by irresponsible veterinary staff. About 4 months later I rescued a pathetic emaciated 1 yr old Dutchie named "Phantom". With just some food, water and love he sprang from his listless phantom self and I named him Logan. Now he is my 8 yr old hardcore PITA!!!! :D

Re: Mishka a DS mix?

Post by Starlight Pilot »

Definately look like some kind of pit mix to me the way her head is a bit on the blocky side and her physique.