is this a Duth shepherd?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Golson
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My husband and I have just rescued a pup who looks like a small version of a Dutch Shepherd. We also have another dog and two cats.

is this a Duth shepherd?

Post by Golson »

Just rescued this pup from the pound. She is 20lbs and has small paws so doesn't look like she'll grow much bigger. Do you think she is a Dutch Shepherd mix and if so mixed with what? Also any breed specific training tips appreciated.
image.jpg
image.jpg
cordeliandemon
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: owner of a male Dutch Shepherd and female Alaskan Malamute

Re: is this a Duth shepherd?

Post by cordeliandemon »

i dont think she has any dutch shepherd in her. there are lot of breeds that have brindle other than the DS, but shes a mix of something very cute regardless :) and lucky to be rescued!
Sadhbh (pronounced "Sive", its an irish name) -
Demon (dutch shepherd)
Koda (alaskan malamute)
Sidney (collie/springer spaniel)- R.I.P
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

id say no
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

Moving to "Is My Canine A DS."

There are innumerable tips throughout this forum. They are under threads in Introduction, Whatever, Behavior, and Education, and probably even Photographs. We're not slaves to sticking on-topic, so information will crop up unlikely places. I think there is a more recent thread under Introduction where a lot of "general" information (non-training related information) was posted to the OP.

Don't know about your baby having DS in them, but you brought home a real cutie. :D
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~