Is Lio a dutch?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
SpyingDemon
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I'm a 22 year old fashion design student/barista and I have two babies, Lio and Luna :)

Is Lio a dutch?

Post by SpyingDemon »

So around this time last year my roomie (now ex roomie) decided to acquire a dog. She got what we were told was a chow mix, part of a three pupph litter named Bippity, Boppity and Boo. She was very good excited to take the pup home and at my now ex bfs suggestion named her Lionez. but as the dog grew it became clear she was more Shepherd than chow. Lio quickly became my dog when my roomie realized how much work a dog is, and I have been told by several people that she looks like a dutch Shepherd and I was wondering what your guys opinions were? (She does have a black spot on her tongue, I think that's why she was labeled chow mix) I love her regardless, she does have high energy, is very intelligent and also seems to have mild neurotic Tendencies. She also gets along well with my other dog, a small shih tzu Yorkie mix.) I've included many pictures, I can't get any of her standing she doesn't like to hold still
Attachments
10 or 11 (house sitting again)
10 or 11 (house sitting again)
10 or 11 (with my mums BC and Yorkie and my dog when I was house sitting)
10 or 11 (with my mums BC and Yorkie and my dog when I was house sitting)
9 or 10 months (just before a gay pride event)
9 or 10 months (just before a gay pride event)
10 or 11 months
10 or 11 months
Last month, 11 months to a year
Last month, 11 months to a year
February, 7or 8 months
February, 7or 8 months
October so around four or five months
October so around four or five months
Eight weeks?
Eight weeks?
December or January so she'd be about 5 or 6 months
December or January so she'd be about 5 or 6 months
SpyingDemon
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I'm a 22 year old fashion design student/barista and I have two babies, Lio and Luna :)

Re: Is Lio a dutch?

Post by SpyingDemon »

Some okayish pics of her tail and body build, very light build, long legs, she's about 1.5 ft at the shoulder, her ears almost touch my hips (I'm about five foot). She weighs about 60 lbs
Attachments
received_890661214322557.jpeg
received_890661014322577.jpeg
received_890661147655897.jpeg
received_890661094322569.jpeg
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

my first impression is No, she is not a DS. There are alot of breeds with brindle and the same stature.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
SpyingDemon
Just Whelped

Post by SpyingDemon »

I don't really care what breed she is, I'm mainly trying to figure out what she has in her so I know what medical stuff to watch out for. I've always had pits so I'm not familiar with any breed that even looks remotely like her, could you venture a guess as to what she may be? I've also been told shepxakita or shepxjindo for her?
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

if she is a mix then there could be many medical things to look out for and you may end up driving yourself crazy. The best thing is to feed quality food, give her plenty of exercise and care for her the best you can. who knows what if anything will pop up.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

I'd have to agree I don't see any DS in there. Face is off and build isn't what I would call DS. Some angles I see GSD and others I want to say an Aussie buuuuut I'm not super familiar with Aussies so don't take that too seriously! Definitely a shepherd in there though. She's adorable either way!
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)