What do you think?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
liltex789
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi there! Just rescued this sweet pup didn't think he was anything but a mutt until his ears started to go up and realized he might be a Dutch mix. My grandparents raised Belgian Malinois. In the past I have had cattle dogs and am looking forward to another intelligent dog!

What do you think?

Post by liltex789 »

Hi everyone! We just rescued this sweet guy about two weeks ago. They were not sure of his age he is about 25 lbs and 17" at the withers. He also has most of his puppy teeth still. Thought he was just a mutt til his ears went up, then thought maybe there was a little Dutch shepherd mixed in due to coloring and extreme intelligence. I was also wondering what training methods have worked best for you? I had a blue heeler in the past who did well with firm but fair training and affection after the job was done. Sorry the pic is so small can't upload a larger one from my phone. Thanks in advance!
Attachments
resized(2).jpg
resized mack40(2).jpg
Last edited by liltex789 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Re: What do you think?

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

Oh my what big paws he has! So adorable!

Hard to tell from the photo - if you could post a side view looking straight on (so his back is level with the horizon) and a shot of the profile of his head it will help.

Has he seen a vet to help ID age? They can generally get a good range from the teeth.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
liltex789
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi there! Just rescued this sweet pup didn't think he was anything but a mutt until his ears started to go up and realized he might be a Dutch mix. My grandparents raised Belgian Malinois. In the past I have had cattle dogs and am looking forward to another intelligent dog!

Post by liltex789 »

Thanks for looking, it's hard to get a photo to upload. The site says they are too big maybe this one will help :) I don't think it shows in the pics but his tail is super long. Although that might be because he is a puppy.
liltex789
Just Whelped

Post by liltex789 »

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/l ... zenh36.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/l ... qidhfr.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/l ... 4hdc6l.jpg

Haha! Success! Someone posted a tip for uploading pics this should help! He is such a great dog already only getting up to minimal shenanigans and loves to play with my two year old. I am a stay at home mom so he is spoiled and gets to spend all his time with us!