Hi! Dutch Shepherd mix?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Mokee
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: *

Hi! Dutch Shepherd mix?

Post by Mokee »

Hello everyone, new to this forum and want to say hello and ask for your input on my rescue dog. :) My husband and I adopted Misty in July from a small local shelter. We found her on Petfinder as a Dutch Shepherd. I didn't know what a DS was, but we visited her, fell in love, and took her home.

Here is her album: http://imgur.com/a/JXjv1

Misty is 1 yr 6 mo old, about 56 pounds. Absolutely the sweetest girl ever. Loves children, all other dogs (not sure about cats, probably sees them as prey), and just wants to be by your side most of the time. She has high prey drive and high food drive. She's super gentle and absolutely loves to give kisses (15+ in a sitting). Misty is curious about everything, having to get in on what we're up to all the time. The only thing that makes me doubt she's a DS is that she's very lazy. One hour walk a day plus play time during the day and she's totally out. I can sometimes see a little pit bull in her when she's waiting for a treat or her ears are relaxed.

She's a wonderful dog, and I'd love to hear your guys input :D Thanks!
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Hi! Dutch Shepherd mix?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I would say no, there are alot of breeds with brindle color. She is a beauty though! Thank you for adopting, she picked the right home.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Mokee
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by Mokee »

That's what I thought! Thank you so much for the quick reply :D
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

Looks more pit/shepherd mix but I don't see DS. She sure is a cutie though!
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)