Is my Abby a Dutch Shepherd?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
abbysmom
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am involved with a rescue group taking animals from the local shelter and trying to find them homes. Abby is my only dog. I always adopt strays. I got Abby through a rescue group who told me she was an Australian shepherd mix and would likely be 50 pounds. The vet examined her, said she was approx 5 mnths old, 35 pounds and would likely be 70 pounds, and has double hip displasia. She is now 7 years old and almost 90 pounds. She is loving beyond all reason, adores everyone even folks she hasn't met, and easily intimidated by cats. The foster she was in had 17 cats-the dog foster homes were full. I have one cat. I have been told by police and folks who rescue that she look like a Dutch shepherd. Also she has several of the traits. I'm most interested in finding her a job-something to do mentally. I should mention she did eat the better part of a sectional sofa when left alone as a puppy. she doesn't trash things anymore-but she looks bored, and follows me everywhere.

Is my Abby a Dutch Shepherd?

Post by abbysmom »

I have been reading some postings about behavior, and Abby does a lot of them.
Attachments
2-7 months.jpg
1-5 months.jpg
6-4 years.jpg
6-4 years.jpg (7.58 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Is my Abby a Dutch Shepherd?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

my first guess is no but the picture of her on the bed is so super cute. Can you get some brighter pictures of her standing from the side?
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
abbysmom
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am involved with a rescue group taking animals from the local shelter and trying to find them homes. Abby is my only dog. I always adopt strays. I got Abby through a rescue group who told me she was an Australian shepherd mix and would likely be 50 pounds. The vet examined her, said she was approx 5 mnths old, 35 pounds and would likely be 70 pounds, and has double hip displasia. She is now 7 years old and almost 90 pounds. She is loving beyond all reason, adores everyone even folks she hasn't met, and easily intimidated by cats. The foster she was in had 17 cats-the dog foster homes were full. I have one cat. I have been told by police and folks who rescue that she look like a Dutch shepherd. Also she has several of the traits. I'm most interested in finding her a job-something to do mentally. I should mention she did eat the better part of a sectional sofa when left alone as a puppy. she doesn't trash things anymore-but she looks bored, and follows me everywhere.

Post by abbysmom »

I posted more pictures, from the side, at 1yr and 3 yrs.
Attachments
Abby1yr.jpg
Abby3yrs.1.jpg
Abby.3yrs (640x480).jpg
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

she is super cute but Id say no, maybe GSD in her to give her the sable blanket though
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage