Kahlua

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
jrez
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I am a 19 year old male with a dutch shepherd and german shepherd mix named Kahlua. She is 45 pounds and a year old and a month.

Kahlua

Post by jrez »

I am confused on whether Kahlua is a part DS, mostly DS, or no DS at all. The owner before said she is a Dutch Shepherd and German Shepherd mix. Kahlua is a DS/GSD Female Mix according to previous owner. I recently got her spayed a few weeks ago. I acquired her off craigslist from a post, owner was moving and couldn't have her in new house. She is a year and a month old, weighing 44 pounds, standing at around 22-23 inches high. :D
Attachments
IMG_1691.JPG
IMG_1520.JPG
IMG_1573.JPG
IMG_1496-1.JPG
James, Kahlua, and Family.
ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Re: Kahlua

Post by ICE »

She could have some Dutch Shepherd but I see allot of German Shepherd. She is beautiful!!! Have fun with her.
Patty and Ice
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I would say a GSDX DS she has the sable blanket of the GSD and the brindle of the DS, she is built like a DS
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
MultiPurposeK9
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Multipurpose trainer

Post by MultiPurposeK9 »

No
Roger
Consistency + Repetition = Predictability
cordeliandemon
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: owner of a male Dutch Shepherd and female Alaskan Malamute

Post by cordeliandemon »

yes she does look to be a GSD x DS cross as the previous owner said, i hope you have alot of fun with her and hopefully the GSD in there makes her a little less of a handful than the average maniac dutch shepherd:) good luck
Sadhbh (pronounced "Sive", its an irish name) -
Demon (dutch shepherd)
Koda (alaskan malamute)
Sidney (collie/springer spaniel)- R.I.P
brindledog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I love Shepherds- German, Dutch and Belgian. I recently lost my 16.5 y/o GSD mix and was hoping to find a GSD or DS mix. I totally lucked out in finding Grendel, a DS/GSD mix at 9.5 weeks old. She was filthy and flea-ridden, but still the cutest, craziest thing ever. She's going to live up to her name! First dog I've had that I've actually seen the parents and definitely know what she is!

Post by brindledog »

She reminds me alot of my puppy, Grendel! Grendel is 1/2 GSD and 1/2 DS. Or possibly 3/4 DS and 1/4 GSD. I met both her parents and her mom was definitely the DS, but I'm still not sure if Grendel's brother is actually her dad (and therefore her 1/2 brother...)

-Lisa G