Could Evie be a Dutch Shepherd & Malinois mix?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
eviebearsadventures
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My dog Evie was rescued from a basement where she was being kept with approximately 15 other dogs The male owner neglected the dogs, and they malnourished and breeding freely. Supposedly a female member of the family would sneak down to the basement and care for the dogs. Needless to say I rescued a beautiful brindle mutt, that I think is a Dutch Shepherd and/or a Belgian Malinois mix.

Could Evie be a Dutch Shepherd & Malinois mix?

Post by eviebearsadventures »

Hello! I just joined this forum today and I love it!

My dog Evie was rescued from a basement where she was being kept with approximately 15 other dogs. The male owner neglected the dogs, and they malnourished and breeding freely. Supposedly a female member of the family would sneak down to the basement and care for the dogs. Needless to say I rescued this beautiful brindle mutt in December 2013. The breed that was listed on her papers basically named every single dog that they found in the basement. (Shepherd, Malamute, Rottweiler, Pit Bull)

Evie is 3.5 years old now and approximately 55-60lbs. She bonded to me instantly and is super protective of me. We did many months of behavioral training to get her used to men and children. Because of her upbringing and being surrounded by other dogs, she loves to play with other dogs, but she does play rough, biting neck, cheek, etc. She is a dominant dog and marks everywhere in the woods. She is ridiculously intelligent! And she "talks" back to me if she wants something or if she is being stubborn and has a demanding bark often. She is my trail dog and needs to be outside running in the woods AT LEAST every other day or she is in my face "talking" and has her "crazy eyes" and so much pent up energy. Not a huge fan of the water. She will go in up to her chest, but that is the extent of it. And she loves, loves the snow!

That is all I can think of right now. Please feel free to ask questions!
Attachments
File_003.jpeg
File_002.jpeg
File_001.jpeg
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Could Evie be a Dutch Shepherd & Malinois mix?

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum.

The shape of the head is off for a DS, but there's the possibility there's some DS in there.

Thank you for rescuing.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
cordeliandemon
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: owner of a male Dutch Shepherd and female Alaskan Malamute

Post by cordeliandemon »

she very pretty and lucky you found her:) i dont really see any dutch in there however, she looks like a shepherd/pit/ect type mix as youd said and definitely a large portion of pit judging by her head.
Sadhbh (pronounced "Sive", its an irish name) -
Demon (dutch shepherd)
Koda (alaskan malamute)
Sidney (collie/springer spaniel)- R.I.P
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I see a pitt head, and the brindle could be from the pitt as well. Who knows coming from that type of environment. So glad she found you though !!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage