Meet my boy Apollo!

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Shadow118
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: 25 year old with a Great Dane and a Dutch shepherd in the house. Have a 5 year old daughter and a wonderful girlfriend.

Meet my boy Apollo!

Post by Shadow118 »

Hey guys! New to joining this forum but have been reading a lot on here over the last few months and you all are amazing! Here are some pics of my 8 month old male dog named Apollo. My girlfriend and I got him from a shelter when he was 8 weeks old but the people working there didn't really seem to have any clue what he was. The official tag was "boxer mix" but we are fairly certain that's way off mark. My girlfriend works as a vet tech and suggested he looks like a DS and after reading more that certainly seems to fit the look and temperament. As he's gotten older he looks more and more the part of a DS but lately we have wondered because he seems to be a bit of a runt compared to normal weight. His head comes up above the knee on me (granted I'm 6'3 so that's not tiny) and he weighs about 35 pounds now. He had worms for a long time and I'm wondering if that stunted his growth at all but was hoping you smart people might be able to offer more insight! Haven't found anything out there that give me a better thought on whether he is DS or not. Thanks all!
Attachments
IMG_3014.JPG
IMG_3013.JPG
k9lexi
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Over the past 25 years I shared my life with a Rott, two Akitas, and a Shepherd/Husky mix. I now have my first Dutch Shepherd. Lexi was born in early September 2014. She is great in so many different ways but I could use advice from some been there done that DS owners.

Re: Meet my boy Apollo!

Post by k9lexi »

Whatever he is, he is adorable
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Meet my boy Apollo!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

very interesting looking, he does not have the black mask and his ears are so HUGE !!!!!!! Keep him tied down on windy days HAHAHAAH

Hard to tell, but he is adorable
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage