Is Luna a Dutch Shepherd or mix?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Kelley
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: A lady, her old man cat and her new rescue dog.

Is Luna a Dutch Shepherd or mix?

Post by Kelley »

I rescued this little lady from the local Humane Society here in Wisconsin. She's about 3 years old, had puppies just before I got her. She's really sweet. Since she came home she's gained confidence and a few pounds. She's smart, picks up on routines and commands quickly although sometimes she chooses to ignore them. Loves, loves, loves to play chase.

I've been trying to figure out her breed and thought she looks a bit like a Dutch Shepherd. Humane society listed her as a boxer/shepherd mix. She's on the medium side: 35 lbs. 19in from floor to shoulder. Do you think she's a Dutch mix? Thanks!
IMG_0377.JPG
IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG
k9lexi
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Over the past 25 years I shared my life with a Rott, two Akitas, and a Shepherd/Husky mix. I now have my first Dutch Shepherd. Lexi was born in early September 2014. She is great in so many different ways but I could use advice from some been there done that DS owners.

Re: Is Luna a Dutch Shepherd or mix?

Post by k9lexi »

Looks a bit like our rescue. I thought Dutch mix at first but then realized akita mix. Dark mask with a bit of a boxy muzzle. Looks beautiful no matter what breeds..