Does DS fit our Wrigley??

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
JNC2P+W2
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Mom of 3 little crazies and 2 fur crazies
Located in Southern California.

Does DS fit our Wrigley??

Post by JNC2P+W2 »

Wrigley is approximately 3.5 months old, we fostered and then adopted him when he turned 8 weeks (how couldn't we!? He is an amazing guy!)
He was listed as shepherd at the shelter and we have been so curious as to his breed or mix and today a co worker of my husband seen a picture and said he had to be a DS! We are very curious because now looking into the breed I see it so much but I also am very excited to maybe know what breed/breeds he could be so I am looking for opinions if you guys don't mind :) thank you in advance so very much :) he weighs about 16-17lbs at the moment idk if that helps lol

Attachments
IMG_1283.JPG
JNC2P+W2
Just Whelped

Re: Does DS fit our Wrigley??

Post by JNC2P+W2 »

Sorry, I'm new and trying to figure out the pictures thing.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Wrigley is a gorgeous pup, but he seems small for 3.5 months (if he is DS).

The mask and the brindle are promising signs, but at that small it will be difficult to know for sure.

What can you tell us about his behavior?

BTW - I recently posted new instructions for uploading photos. Pleas click here for more info.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
JNC2P+W2
Just Whelped

Post by JNC2P+W2 »

He was pretty sick when we took him in to foster and he wasn't gaining weight properly it took just about to two weeks to get him back healthy and gaining/growing.

He is absolutely the most brilliant puppy!
Like I don't think we could tell people enough how smart he is (I think that is why we are so curious to know his breed) he is so alert and interested in everything around him. He is very playful with other dogs and learned really fast boundaries in play. He really is an amazing dog!
He is very very attached to "home" our house. He has been since we brought him home. He always tries to stay in eye sight of the door on walks and when out of sight will led us back to the house when we say "let's go home".
Thank you for any input :) going to upload a better pic of him standing and such. He seems to be very tall lol
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

oh he is adorable, if you didnt tell me how old he was I would say yes to DS but at that age he is small, maybe being sick affected his growing? Not sure
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage