Newly adopted Dutch Shepherd mix?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Bonriki
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Just adopted a possible Dutch Shepherd mix and would like to get a second opinion

Newly adopted Dutch Shepherd mix?

Post by Bonriki »

Hi there, I just adopted a 1 year old dog listed as a Dutch Shepherd x Greyhound mix named Sazi. She weighs about 50 pounds and was originally picked up as a stray by animal control in Fresno, CA before being transferred to a shelter in Portland, OR where I adopted her. The likelihood of her being Dutch Shepherd is low as I know they're a rare breed but I'd like an opinion from people more knowledgeable about the breed. She's wicked smart and I'm extremely lucky to have her! Thanks for the help!

Attachments
IMG_3154.jpg
IMG_3157.jpg
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3134.JPG
IMG_3127.jpg
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Newly adopted Dutch Shepherd mix?

Post by centrop67 »

Thank you for rescuing.

She's a good looking girl. The body shape doesn't seem right, but that could be that she has some more filling in to do.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
cordeliandemon
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: owner of a male Dutch Shepherd and female Alaskan Malamute

Post by cordeliandemon »

is her back always so oddly sloped downwards at the rear like that? maybe she had one of those controversial sloped back german shepherds in her? that or shes just not standing on level ground in the photo maybe? :)
Sadhbh (pronounced "Sive", its an irish name) -
Demon (dutch shepherd)
Koda (alaskan malamute)
Sidney (collie/springer spaniel)- R.I.P
Bonriki
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Just adopted a possible Dutch Shepherd mix and would like to get a second opinion

Post by Bonriki »

Her back always slopes like that, maybe a little less dramatically than in the photos but it's always there. I agree with you, there's likely some sloped GSD in her. Hopefully it won't manifest into back and hip problems as she gets older. Thanks for the replies!