What-Dog.Net

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

What-Dog.Net

Post by centrop67 »

There's a new website that attempts to identify the breed of dog in a photo using Microsoft's so-called artificial intelligence. You can check it out at www.what-dog.net. Apparently, if you upload a photo without a dog or a picture of yourself the answer can be somewhat funny.

It took three tries with pictures of Radar, but what-dog finally got it right. The 1st time Radar was an Irish Wolfhound? The second time they were getting closer with a Shipperke. Third time was the charm.

I am thinking maybe they should adjust the description to "Too smart for their own good, independent as heck, agile, fast, and relentless."

Attachments
what-dog.jpg
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: What-Dog.Net

Post by TimL_168 »

Did you see my llama picture? :lol: It said it was some type of spaniel!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz »

Attachments
img20170307_110150.png
img20170307_110150.png (293.1 KiB) Viewed 13758 times
img20170307_110115.png
img20170307_110115.png (305.03 KiB) Viewed 13758 times
Karen & Xander
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

:wtg:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
racingiron1
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hilde is a rescue that we suspect is at least partially Dutch Shepherd.

Post by racingiron1 »

I got a high percentage DSD for Hilde, even on an early photo with her ears down. A couple of photos that were badly lit came back as Mal and Schipperke.
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde
cordeliandemon
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: owner of a male Dutch Shepherd and female Alaskan Malamute

Post by cordeliandemon »

hit and miss but not bad :) it tried call demon an elkhound in one and koda a doggo argentino :huh:

poor koda always getting mistaken for a husky:) close enough
Attachments
nope.png
nope.png (707.58 KiB) Viewed 13744 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (903.96 KiB) Viewed 13744 times
Sadhbh (pronounced "Sive", its an irish name) -
Demon (dutch shepherd)
Koda (alaskan malamute)
Sidney (collie/springer spaniel)- R.I.P
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

First try, hmm. Cool share of the website

Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

cordeliandemon wrote: ↑Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:10 pm hit and miss but not bad :) it tried call demon an elkhound in one and koda a doggo argentino :huh:
Love demons eyes
brindledog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I love Shepherds- German, Dutch and Belgian. I recently lost my 16.5 y/o GSD mix and was hoping to find a GSD or DS mix. I totally lucked out in finding Grendel, a DS/GSD mix at 9.5 weeks old. She was filthy and flea-ridden, but still the cutest, craziest thing ever. She's going to live up to her name! First dog I've had that I've actually seen the parents and definitely know what she is!

Post by brindledog »

First try.

Attachments
what's your dog.JPG
what's your dog.JPG (145.52 KiB) Viewed 13047 times
GypsyTheDS
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Me n my girls, Gypsy and Nala, live in Georgia. Gypsy was found as a neglected and abused stray. A Dutch Shepherd mix. She is now healthy and happy as part of our family. Nala came to us from a Craigslist ad at a year old. A tall and lanky German Shepherd/lab mix.

Post by GypsyTheDS »

Haha. First Gypsy was a poodle. Than a west highland terrier. And third. . . . . . . . .. DS. :stickman:

And was pretty on for my boy-o, Thor.
Attachments
My boy is sadly missed. :( Thor
My boy is sadly missed. :( Thor
Screenshot_2018-01-28-11-00-22.png (626.15 KiB) Viewed 13034 times
Third try.
Third try.
Screenshot_2018-01-28-10-49-55.png (931.71 KiB) Viewed 13036 times
Aimee, Gypsy (DS) & Nala (GSD/lab)