Could Jackie Boy be a mix?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
jackjack
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi! I am a newly wed living with my hubby and 2 year old dutch shepherd, Jack (possibly mixed?). We love to take him hiking, play frisbee in the backyard, and go jogging. I love to cook, Jack, likes it too :)

Could Jackie Boy be a mix?

Post by jackjack »

Hi! This is Jack, also responds to Jack Jack, Jackie Boy, Bubby :D We rescued him as a puppy around 10 weeks old from Mississippi. We made the drive from Georgia and it was totally worth it. He is now about to be 2 years old. Supposedly he came from an irresponsible breeder that was shut down, but possibly he is mixed with another breed? His ears have always been flippy floppy. They stand up when alert, one up one flopped when he's listening out for us around the house, both flopped when he's just hanging out.

What are your thoughts on his breed? His trainers believe he is definitely dutchie, with a good bit of malinois due to his height. His temperament is fairly calm while hanging out in the house. Prey drive is high. He LOVES mental stimulation and of course enjoys being exercised daily. His favorite hobby is sitting backwards on the couch to watch the squirrels out of his favorite window. Jack loves all of our friends and family, but solicitors no longer come to our door :lol:

I have been reading around the forum and all of the advice has been greatly appreciated!
P.S. The photos that are flipped are vertical on my computer so not sure how to get them vertical on here. Sorry!
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Could Jackie Boy be a mix?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

very pretty, definitely a mix. of what though? really cant tell.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Re: Could Jackie Boy be a mix?

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Good looking pup def a mix I would say no Dutchie