Dutch Shepherd or Coyote?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Jason34
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Our family lives in Texas. We own a German Shepherd and we adopted a second dog that we think may be a Dutch Shepherd.

Dutch Shepherd or Coyote?

Post by Jason34 »

We got Luna from a rescue organization here in Houston about a month ago. She gets along very well with our male German Shepherd, Zeke, and she displays personality traits that are in line with a GSD. We'd never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd breed until a friend suggested that Luna might be one. What do you guys think? We've sent her DNA off for testing, but I'm not sure if the lab even tests for Dutch Shepherd. Any feedback would be appreciated.
ImageImage
Attachments
Luna face for posting.jpg
Luna face for posting.jpg (129.03 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
Luna and Zeke for posting.jpg
Luna and Zeke for posting.jpg (695.68 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
dog park for posting.jpg
dog park for posting.jpg (741.73 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Re: Dutch Shepherd or Coyote?

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

There's no Dutchie in that dog... looks more gsd mix
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Dutch Shepherd or Coyote?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

DNA testing is a waste of money.. There is no DS in there. I agree that she is a GSD mix
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage