What do you guys think he may be mixed with?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
SnowmanMafia
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Software Engineer from Denver

What do you guys think he may be mixed with?

Post by SnowmanMafia »

Hey guys, this is Koda. We rescued him at 3 months from a shelter out here in Colorado. His entire litter had been driven in from Louisiana and even though we arrived at the shelter an hour late we somehow got first dibs on our pick. We ended up with him because he was the most docile and nervous looking little guy but he quickly warmed up and is now the most friendly and playful dog ever.

He loves meeting new people but at the same time is always watchful out on our nightly walks and will always alert us if a stranger is coming our way. We've gone through countless hours of training with him and he's shaped up to be a great dog. Super smart and obedient and really goofy at the same time.

Anyways, we think he's a Dutchie because of his coloring, body shape, fur texture, snout, temperament and intelligence, basically everything except his ears. They never stood straight up, but, when he's super excited our playing he can stand them straight up and make them huge. I think he may be mixed with a lab or something.

Anyone have any thoughts? (Sorry the side profile shots are blurry, I was trying to take live photos on my iPhone while he was playing)

And a 6 month old puppy picture:

Andrew
Koda - Dutch Shepherd Mixed with Something
Scout - The Worlds Biggest Yorkipoo
Comrade Mittens - Our Russian Blue Comrade
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: What do you guys think he may be mixed with?

Post by centrop67 »

Probably a lot of German Shepherd and maybe DS, but any of the brindle breeds could have contributed to that coloring.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Re: What do you guys think he may be mixed with?

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

I agree doesn't look like a dutchie mix. Id say more German shepherd... gsd tends to throw brindle when mixed