Our puppy Pharah!

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
thesecession
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Greg

Anxiously waiting a dna test for a rescue pup. Can't keep her if shes a pure dutchie.

Our puppy Pharah!

Post by thesecession »

Hi all,

We rescued this 10 week old girl from a shelter in Venice, CA. They guessed at her being a GSD / Pit but someone stopped us at a park and said she might be a DS. She's pretty calm for a puppy so far but certainly has her crazy moments :P

Unfortunately we don't think we could handle a dutchie's energy, as much as we love her.

Photos
https://imgur.com/a/b6HEw

Thanks a billion,

Greg
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Our puppy Pharah!

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum :wtg:

Looking at the snout, ears, and tail on Pharah, I think the initial thought of GSD/Pit may be more accurate than any DS. Of course, there's other brindle breeds that me be the source of the coloring.

I know your waiting for DNA results, so you'll have maybe a clearer picture soon.
thesecession wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:00 am Unfortunately we don't think we could handle a dutchie's energy, as much as we love her.
Yes, a DS has been described as a GSD on crack or a Velociraptor, but I caution you that a GSD can be challenging as well.

How long have you had Pharah? I know you said crazy at times, but that sounds like all pups. What kind of crazy?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Pit mix not a dutchie
thesecession
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Greg

Anxiously waiting a dna test for a rescue pup. Can't keep her if shes a pure dutchie.

Post by thesecession »

centrop67 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:38 pm How long have you had Pharah? I know you said crazy at times, but that sounds like all pups. What kind of crazy?
Thanks for the advice!
We've had her for a week now. We were looking for a medium energy breed to better suit our lifestyle but she fell into our lap while a friend was fostering her. A stranger we met was convinced she was a dutchie but now we're not worried about it. She seems like a normal pup energy wise