This handsome fella

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Jakie157
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I adopted Jake a few months ago and was told he’s a Dutch mix. He truly has the characteristics of a Dutch and I think looks a lot like one too. He’s a year old, gorgeous, devoted, smart, and has no off button. Lol

This handsome fella

Post by Jakie157 »

When I adopted my boy I was told he was certainly part Dutch. His DNA came back as primarily GSD with a little Dobie and Staffy. His personality traits and behaviors more closely resemble the Dutch and Mal breeds. What are your thoughts based on his appearance.
Attachments
30A5E8DE-5621-4403-B305-44962B61D52B.jpeg
30A5E8DE-5621-4403-B305-44962B61D52B.jpeg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 2535 times
Last edited by Jakie157 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: This handsome fella

Post by centrop67 »

Thanks for adopting :wtg:

What a gorgeous dog!

Did you use the Wisdom DNA test? As of now, I believe it's the only one with DS in it's database.

Actually, the results you got seem accurate. The GSD and Dobe explain the behavior/personality traits.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Holy cow he is super magnificent !!! Definitely Doberman !!! The picture is sideways so its hard to see but Dobermans have a similar temperament too. ONe of THalie's best friends years ago was a Doberman, they used to tear around the farm like rockets.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I tried to upload the picture straight but it wont for some reason, I even rotated it to the right to see if it would work but nope. Odd
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

If you right click the select copy lik address.

The paste the link in another tab, you’ll see the photo right side up.

I must continue to apologize for the funky results of the software.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Jakie157
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I adopted Jake a few months ago and was told he’s a Dutch mix. He truly has the characteristics of a Dutch and I think looks a lot like one too. He’s a year old, gorgeous, devoted, smart, and has no off button. Lol

Post by Jakie157 »

I know! The sideways image is driving me bonkers!! lol

The brindle and white chest plus his ears and temperament are what I think made the rescue think DS. He really is like no other dog I have had and i have had a lot of dogs!! At one time I had 6. He is super smart, uses his paws like hands, and is always on the go. He loves the kids and has a herding/protective instinct with them. Poor thing missed the crucial socialization period so he's leash reactive and overly rambunctious with other dogs. He wants so desperately to play with them but he turns them off almost immediately. We are working on it though.