Is Luke DS / what other breeds do you think?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
lukey4me
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am a 25 year old female who just adopted a dutch shepherd mix in Israel. He is about 6 months old and super sweet, energetic, resilient, and intelligent.

Is Luke DS / what other breeds do you think?

Post by lukey4me »

Hi! I adopted Luke about ~1.5 months ago. He was found in the south of Israel and was deathly ill at about 3 months old. He is so sweet... and meets all the personality traits as a DS. However, there is something else in him that I've been trying to research for a while now. Can't seem to figure it out... I appreciate the feedback! :D

He is now 6-7 months old, and about 45 pounds (21 kg @ the vet last week).
ImageImageImageImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Is Luke DS / what other breeds do you think?

Post by centrop67 »

Luke is a gorgeous dog regardless of breed. Thank you for rescuing.

Visual breed identification is suspect at best, but I don't see a whole lot that points to any DS for Luke.
Michelle (Wisdom Health Customer Service Manager) wrote:A dog’s physical traits are a complex combination of dominant and recessive genes inherited from their parents; traits like short coat and brindle pattern are dominant traits occurring in a large number of breeds. While prick ear is a recessive trait, it is not at all uncommon. So this combination of traits may in fact come from Dutch Shepherd ancestors or could be the result of several other breeds coming together to create a dog that mimics the look of a Dutch Shepherd. Link
You might consider the DNA test, if you're really interested. Wisdom is the only one that has DS in the database right now.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Is Luke DS / what other breeds do you think?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Oh he is so cute !! I doubt he has any
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage