Shenzi

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Shenzis_Mom
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Our little family just adopted a 3-4 month old DS from a local shelter. We are super excited to have her in our family now. She joins our 9 year old GS, 7 year old human boy, and mom and dad.

Shenzi

Post by Shenzis_Mom »

This is our new pup. She is a spayed 3-4 month old. Listed at the shelter as DS. She weighed only 11 pounds on June 29th. We are fattening her up though! Being that she was from a shelter I have my doubts as the true breed, but what do you guys and gals think? ImageImageImageImageImage
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Re: Shenzi

Post by borellar15 »

She could have some DS in her. She does seem to have some sort of shepherd in her. Her ears are a little different for a DS/ Mal but not all DS and mals have the pointy ears I suppose. Definitely seems mixed with something maybe a little boxer or pit or something idk. Either way welcome to the forum! One thing is for sure she is a cutie! Can't wait to see her once she gets eating and looks healthy!
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
Shenzis_Mom
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Our little family just adopted a 3-4 month old DS from a local shelter. We are super excited to have her in our family now. She joins our 9 year old GS, 7 year old human boy, and mom and dad.

Post by Shenzis_Mom »

Our GSDs ears didn't stand up until almost 5 months, so we assumed that would be the case for her as well. She is so super sweet!
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Thank you for rescuing!

Shenzi looks a little young to try to identify the breed.

How long it takes for ears to stand up is a rather common question here on the forum and on some other DS groups.

Time and health will probably tell us how close Shenzi is to a DS.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Shenzis_Mom
Just Whelped

Post by Shenzis_Mom »

I am learning so much from this forum. So a big thank you to everyone!
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Pit or boxer mix no dutchie