Is Quinn a Dutch Shepherd?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
rmenendez937
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Quinn is a Dutch Shepherd/Belgian Malinois mix. First time owner of this breed. She is 1 year old this month.

Is Quinn a Dutch Shepherd?

Post by rmenendez937 »

Hi everyone!

- Quinn is a spayed female, one year old this month
- I got her as a gift from Craig's List (hangs head)
- Quinn is the most "ON" dog I've ever had. By ON I mean this girl is super alert, super active (don't get me started on the zoomies), ready to go at the drop of a dime, smart as they come. This girl need only 2-3 tries to learn ANYTHING. She sees me as HER human, no one else. She does not like people she doesn't know, and she loves her family. Despite the fact I taught her to "speak", she is not very vocal. She isn't too affectionate either. She is awesome on leash. She nearly destroyed my house between 4-9 months of age. She would chew EVERYTHING up. Things I had no idea a dog can chew through. Wood, Plastic, it did NOT matter, it was destroyed. Table legs, mattresses, Sofa Cushions. She can do it LOL.

I was told her mom is a Belgian Malinois, and dad is a Dutch Shepherd. However, I obviously have my doubts considering the price they sold her for. Half her siblings did look Mal-ish, beige colored with black mask.

I will take more pics of her later today, she's a tough one! LOL.

So, does she look like she could be?
Screenshot_20181128-142318.png
Screenshot_20181128-142318.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 2045 times
Screenshot_20180527-111324.png
Screenshot_20180527-111324.png (988 KiB) Viewed 2045 times
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Is Quinn a Dutch Shepherd?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Nope, but she sure is pretty
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
rmenendez937
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Quinn is a Dutch Shepherd/Belgian Malinois mix. First time owner of this breed. She is 1 year old this month.

Post by rmenendez937 »

Dutchringgirl wrote: ↑Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:06 pm Nope, but she sure is pretty
Thank you =)

Any reason based on the pics you don't think she is? Genuinely curious! Either way she is a fantastic dog that has taught me alot lol.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

face shape and color. The brindle can come from hundreds of breeds but there is a head shape that is typical for a DS and she has way too much white.

If anything, id say pit mix. she has that boxy head and pit bulls have brindle as well.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Susannah
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: 29 year old nurse. 2 year old dutch shepherd at home and iguana.

Post by Susannah »

Pit for sure almost. Take the dogdna test and find out?

Pure ds it is not.