Retrieves

Discussion of Obedience in the various sports
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Retrieves

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Retrieves

Post by centrop67 »

That's pretty cool Steve. The whip is a test of distraction?

I tried many moons ago to work on jumping obstacles with Radar, and he flat out refused. He will jump over things during fetch, but he just looks at me like I am crazy if I try to guide him - no matter how high value the treat/reward.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

centrop67 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:25 pm That's pretty cool Steve. The whip is a test of distraction?

I tried many moons ago to work on jumping obstacles with Radar, and he flat out refused. He will jump over things during fetch, but he just looks at me like I am crazy if I try to guide him - no matter how high value the treat/reward.
Actually the whip is used to build drive and speed... before I even start training my dogs I back tie them and make drive for the reward and then again for the dumbell... I use the whip to make drive like a helper would in protection... so I'll use the whip here for speed coming back after he picks up the dumbell... I'll do this on the recall as well for speed... anytime I want more drive and speed I'll bring out the whip...
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

awesome
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:51 pm
centrop67 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:25 pm That's pretty cool Steve. The whip is a test of distraction?

Actually the whip is used to build drive and speed... before I even start training my dogs I back tie them and make drive for the reward and then again for the dumbell... I use the whip to make drive like a helper would in protection... so I'll use the whip here for speed coming back after he picks up the dumbell... I'll do this on the recall as well for speed... anytime I want more drive and speed I'll bring out the whip...
:DSlove: just going to leave it there. Lol.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

:whistle:
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

Joxgirl wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:07 pm

Perv!!!!
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:33 am

Perv!!!!
Too some maybe. To others... they know just what they like.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

TimL_168 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:26 am:whistle:
Lol
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

Joxgirl wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:58 am
Perv!!!!
Hahaha the whip always does the trick lol
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:45 pm
Joxgirl wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:58 am
Perv!!!!
Hahaha the whip always does the trick lol
You otta know.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:51 pm anytime I want more drive and speed I'll bring out the whip...
:horse:

Yehaw !!! Ride em cow boy !!! Oh wait.............we are talking about dog stuff??? oops.
ImageImage
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

Dutchringgirl wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:39 am
Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:51 pm anytime I want more drive and speed I'll bring out the whip...

Yehaw !!! Ride em cow boy !!! Oh wait.............we are talking about dog stuff??? oops.
Bwhahaha my minds always in the gutter lol so many comments could be made but I'll behave hahaha
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:49 am

[/quote

Bwhahaha my minds always in the gutter lol so many comments could be made but I'll behave hahaha
Just realized I’ve been posting this in the wrong forum. Lol. :shock: :lol: :devil: KIDDING
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

Joxgirl wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 12:16 pm

[/quote

Just realized I’ve been posting this in the wrong forum. Lol. :shock: :lol: :devil: KIDDING
Lmao hahaha
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm
Joxgirl wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 12:16 pm
Lmao hahaha
Isnt this the doggy style.......................................um............way to teach retrieves??? :devil: :devil: :stick:
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:41 pm
Isnt this the doggy style.......................................um............way to teach retrieves??? :devil: :devil: :stick:
[/quote]

Word on the forum is that Steve is a master of doggy style.... training.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Joxgirl wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:43 pm
[/quote]

And Tim wants to be.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

[/quote]
You'll find out when you come out and train lmao
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:40 pm
Joxgirl wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:43 pm Word on the forum is that Steve is a master of doggy style.... training.
Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:40 pm You'll find out when you come out and train lmao
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
ImageImage