Worms long bite

Discussion of Protection in the various sports
Hattieb
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My name is Amber and I live in California.

I currently have 1 Dutch and 1 GSP with a Dutch pup coming in Nov-(DOB~ 9/12/15). I currently train at Cooperhaus (a facility in Ca) for IPO.

My dogs work daily and I also enjoy taking them Dock Diving and hiking esc. pretty much all things dutch or Mal.

Worms long bite

Post by Hattieb »

A pic of Worm -long bite-in our protection class today.

He's coming along really nice. 13 months old this was after ob, some individual work and practicing bark and hold (reviere).

I have the whole video (and a couple others) to share. :)

Go flying Dutch.

Edit-added another photo and the bottom pic is supposed to be 1st.
This dogs bite is nice, not a mm on space on the sleeve.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Re: Worms long bite

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

Very nice! Love a deep bite! Can't wait to see the video! Has he gotten his BH yet or are you training for it?

On a side note, how strict is the sleeve presentation in IPO (like is it always square to the body or do they move around)? I know some other sports tend to move (like attack on handler or courage test) before presenting and unknowingly end up feeding the sleeve/arm to the dog because it's not square and PP works a lot on targeting to the best they can with what they can access first. Just curious about targeting in all the different sports and IPO is one I haven't really learned a whole lot about the mechanics of it.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
Hattieb
Just Whelped

I currently have 1 Dutch and 1 GSP with a Dutch pup coming in Nov-(DOB~ 9/12/15). I currently train at Cooperhaus (a facility in Ca) for IPO.

My dogs work daily and I also enjoy taking them Dock Diving and hiking esc. pretty much all things dutch or Mal.

Post by Hattieb »

I hope to test for his BH next spring, we are working towards it.

I have actually trained at 2 different clubs and both trained very differently. the decoys move around quite a bit and sleeve bite is reward, it depends on what we worked on at the time. Presentation of the sleeve is there and he is to bite the sleeve. His drive is so intense in the bark and hold (3rd session, this week) if he doesn't actually "hold" and bites the sleeve he is not rewarded, like dead prey.

There were at least 20 dogs for working dog session yesterday and some are personal protection dogs and they are worked quite differently then the IPO dogs.

He has also done, hidden sleeves, back bites and leg bites.

Worms bite and drive are there and is OB is coming along nicely, He didn't have any formal OB when I got him, so like a 8 month old puppy that went to 3 homes but acted in many ways like a 8 week old. We are working on focusing and stand.

I can tell you, having a good decoy and trainer (for me) is key, I have a green dog and unfortunately, at the previous place I trained, a green decoy-it wasn't a good situation. When I found the place I train now, it was amazing seeing his potential develop so quickly (that I am also put in all the time during training sessions).
Hattieb
Just Whelped

Post by Hattieb »

http://vid852.photobucket.com/albums/ab ... G_4673.mp4

edit-Yay- I think my video worked-bark and hold.

That is not me in the video working Worm-that is my trainer and the decoy at Cooperhaus. I am taking the video.

you can see when he started to settle they pulled him back to work more drive-I love this little guy, 3 weeks into this (meaning 3rd session) and he already is slacked leashed. I did not get a video of his first attempt today, but he actually moved himself closer..
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Nice bark and hold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage