Couple shots of Yoda and Voodoo

Discussion of Protection in the various sports
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Couple shots of Yoda and Voodoo

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Here ya go
Attachments
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (115.95 KiB) Viewed 5539 times
image3.JPG
image3.JPG (166.94 KiB) Viewed 5539 times
image2.JPG
image2.JPG (82.19 KiB) Viewed 5539 times
image4.JPG
image4.JPG (143.92 KiB) Viewed 5539 times
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Couple shots of Yoda and Voodoo

Post by TimL_168 »

Great shots. Did you have to train for those deep bites, or is Yoda a good natural?
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

fantastic! you can encourage the dog to really get in there. it still depends on the dog and its drive. my mal had a great bite and would get right in there, Thalie would never go deep but had a nice bite
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

TimL_168 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:30 am Great shots. Did you have to train for those deep bites, or is Yoda a good natural?
I don't keep a dog without a good genetic deep grip... ipo requires a deep calm grip
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

ring does not. as long as there is a bite and hold for the required time, its fine.. its about just doing what is asked. thalie beat many " hard" dogs because of her exactness.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

Dutchringgirl wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:11 pm ring does not. as long as there is a bite and hold for the required time, its fine.. its about just doing what is asked. thalie beat many " hard" dogs because of her exactness.
Yup! You can't judge a dogs grip when the decoy is trying to escape or esquive the dog! This is why ring doesn't judge the grip!