Chuckit! Erratic

Found a great canine related product? Give it a review - good, bad, or meh
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Chuckit! Erratic

Post by Stacy_R »

This is Tyson's new favorite ball-toy and I LOVE it! It has squared corners which makes it go all wonky when it bounces. A great indoor and outdoor ball. It has two holes in it, so when you launch it outside, it makes a whirring noise, which Tyson LOVES!! Indoors it is his favorite ball because when he rolls it, it goes every-which-way. You can also put small treats (or kibble) in it that will fall out when rolling it...a great mind game and may also work for those who have dogs who wolf down their food (you can put their kibble in it, they get one or two pieces at a time, and they have to "work" for their food).
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
MaliNut
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Well...it's a transition really. Had my final GSD from 1996 to 2009-she's over the Rainbow Bridge now); then moved over to Belgian Mals. Now I've DS fever looking to get SH silver brindle sib(in my dreams) for my 5 yo Male Mal Razor!

Thanks for having me onboard-I am here to learn all I can about Dutch SHepherds...although after 3.5 yrs of Mals I still wonder if I am really ever going to figure it out!

Re: Chuckit! Erratic

Post by MaliNut »

Stacy_R wrote:This is Tyson's new favorite ball-toy and I LOVE it! It has squared corners which makes it go all wonky when it bounces. A great indoor and outdoor ball. It has two holes in it, so when you launch it outside, it makes a whirring noise, which Tyson LOVES!! Indoors it is his favorite ball because when he rolls it, it goes every-which-way. You can also put small treats (or kibble) in it that will fall out when rolling it...a great mind game and may also work for those who have dogs who wolf down their food (you can put their kibble in it, they get one or two pieces at a time, and they have to "work" for their food).
+1 on the Chuckit.....

Speaking of slowing down kibble inhalation have you seen the Kong Wobbler? I've used these for years.

http://www.amazon.com/KONG-Wobbler-Trea ... B003ALMW0M

Works so much better than any "segmented" bowl.

Ciao!

Greg
Vrijheid's "Our Ninja TAKI"- Dutch Shepherd born 5/15/13-1 Yr old!!!
Razor"...5 yr old Belgian Malinois -RIP my son; 12/13/13
Stacy_R
Training Dog

Post by Stacy_R »

MaliNut wrote:+1 on the Chuckit.....

Speaking of slowing down kibble inhalation have you seen the Kong Wobbler? I've used these for years.

http://www.amazon.com/KONG-Wobbler-Trea ... B003ALMW0M

Works so much better than any "segmented" bowl.

Ciao!

Greg
I ordered the Erratic on doggy loot and got a great deal...VERY much worth it!

I feed raw so I don't have the issue of inhaling kibble, but I will certainly keep that in mind for another toy or if I run across someone who does have that issue. There was actually a question posted in the "feeding" section about this...maybe you can give your 2 cents!!! :)
~Stacy
Mom to:
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Sounds like something my pair would like.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Stacy_R
Training Dog

Post by Stacy_R »

Here is what it looks like:
chuckit!erratic.jpg
chuckit!erratic.jpg (3.21 KiB) Viewed 3648 times
~Stacy
Mom to:
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

Stacy, do they bounce well on outdoor ground? (Some don't.) I'd have to use it outside. I'm lucky to have walls left as it is when we have to play inside.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Stacy_R
Training Dog

Post by Stacy_R »

They bounce almost like a tennis ball in my backyard...with the added suspense of "which way will it go now?"
~Stacy
Mom to:
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

thanks for the photo. looks/sounds like a great product. TD got such things a decade ago indoors, but now i also have to restrict such fun to outside where my pack even there does soooo much damage -- like thoroughbred horses on a racetrack that occasionally stop on a dime to dig a deep hole.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
MaliNut
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Well...it's a transition really. Had my final GSD from 1996 to 2009-she's over the Rainbow Bridge now); then moved over to Belgian Mals. Now I've DS fever looking to get SH silver brindle sib(in my dreams) for my 5 yo Male Mal Razor!

Thanks for having me onboard-I am here to learn all I can about Dutch SHepherds...although after 3.5 yrs of Mals I still wonder if I am really ever going to figure it out!

Post by MaliNut »

Yikes....

Warm up those Dutch Sheperds easy as when I use the normal Chuckit I only throw UPHILL as if you throw downhill your DS can seriously damage a joint trying to decelerate or make a quick pivot turn. I found this out with my Mal ; especially when wet out on grass. Want to fund your ortho vets Porsche-Chuck it it down a sloping wet grass hill . Don't please.

The erratic won't fly as far a the spherical chuckit yet I am curious how erratic it is after the first bounce.

Meanwhile...Mr. Kong and Mr. Goughnut sit in the Antilles laughing their arses off that we would pay 15 to 40 dollars for 1-2 dollars worth of injection molded rubber.

Gotta love Capitalism!
Vrijheid's "Our Ninja TAKI"- Dutch Shepherd born 5/15/13-1 Yr old!!!
Razor"...5 yr old Belgian Malinois -RIP my son; 12/13/13
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

Yeah, but...but...but...the money funds our DSs happiness and zest for life while supporting their theory that our world revolves around them. :whistle:

EXCELLENT reminder of what can happen running down embankments. There's only one kind of mountain goat, and that's a mountain goat.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~