for dogs in car seats: KURGO

Found a great canine related product? Give it a review - good, bad, or meh
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

for dogs in car seats: KURGO

Post by johninny »

i have previously mentioned this company tangentially, but i just bought and installed 2 new products and am so pleased with them. KURGO [ http://www.kurgo.com ] makes some great products for sharing your car with your dogs and their stuff. i had a Kurgo Hammock, which fits over the back seat AND its foot-well, and it was great, but 2 years of 4 DS puppies had taken a toll [ tho not bad ] so i bought a new one which turns out to be a much nicer up-dated design with better materials, functionality, and visual appeal . i decided to install a Kurgo ''Loft bench seat cover'' underneath the ''Hammock'' for complete protection of the seat so that it is always ready to accept humans. the seat cover looks great and fits perfectly and securely. even the hammock looks great in its new design. already had/have a front-passenger Kurgo seat cover, which does protect the seat from the dogs effectively, but is less unique and less brilliantly designed than the hammock and bench seat cover. the new hammock i think will be more effective at keeping the dogs in the back, so maybe the front cover is less needed. highly recommend both: the bench seat cover for what it is - and the hammock as really brilliant - especially as it provides the safety of keeping a dog from tumbling into the foot-well on abrupt turns or stops.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Re: for dogs in car seats: KURGO

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

LOVE Kurgo. Also love Petego car hammock for cars with crazy slippery leather. I own both brands and switch them out periodically.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)