Lift Harness

Found a great canine related product? Give it a review - good, bad, or meh
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Lift Harness

Post by cake73 »

Hey, everyone.

Just wanted to give a solid two paws up to the Help 'Em Up harness.

Our older DS, Kaya (11-12yo rescue), has been having difficulty getting up from lying down and using the stairs. She also has ascites caused by a mass on her liver. I found this product while looking for a "dog carrier" that would not apply pressure to her abdomen.

While a bit pricey ($100 for the medium harness), I feel the product is well-made and easy to use. We often use just the back half "hip lift" part of the harness. Each half of the harness has a sturdy handle and can even be attached to a shoulder strap.

http://helpemup.com/features
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
dogbyte
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have been owned by German Shepherd Dogs for over 20 years. I have come to the dark side with my first Dutch Shepherd. Rossi is an almost 11 month old female from Land of Oz kennel. I have a 10 year old GSD and an 8 year old.

Re: Lift Harness

Post by dogbyte »

used one with my late GSD Xara that had DM...it was a back saver for sure and I was able to leave the rear part on for extended periods during the day....was able to get her in her cart easily and she could wear it while carting....and easy to get her in the crate in the vehicle....and super nice people that developed and sell it
cathy,jaden,gracie & rossi with xara, chance and zoey forever snuggled deep inside my heart