Everlasting Bento Ball

Found a great canine related product? Give it a review - good, bad, or meh
Owly
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a student, I work at a zoo, and I work at a veterinarian's office. I'm an active person who doesn't mind playing the occasional video game or vegging out on the sofa while holding a netflix marathon.

Everlasting Bento Ball

Post by Owly »

Work was handing out some product today to employees, this thing called an Everlasting Bento Ball. It looks simple enough, similar to a Kong toy in that there's a treat inside that the dog has to work out. The treat itself has lasted longer than any treat I've managed to hide in a rubber Kong. It's a lot more "rubbery" and squishy than a rubber Kong. It has an odd shape, but it "works." I actually started using it to toss/roll across the building (We were at work when she initially got it and I let her roam the boarding area after hours). I shoved the treat designed for it on one end, and on another end I placed some of her kibble in there to see how she'd react. She worked her kibble out quickly enough, but the "everlasting" treat has managed to last throughout the night. I'm loving it so far!

Nami testing her new goods out. She's such a weirdo when it comes to toys. She'll pick a spot and that's where she returns to when she wants to gnaw at it. At work she has decided that this mat is her spot.

*While it seemed super awesome at first, it didn't take long for Nami to destroy the side that doesn't contain the everlasting treat. She also managed to pop out the everlasting treat while at home. I don't know how she did it, but she did. Would NOT suggest leaving this alone with a dog unsupervised.
Last edited by Owly on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owly, Ohio.
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Everlasting Bento Ball

Post by Raven »

I tried one of those. Ball didn't last an hour. What was left of it got tossed in the trash. My guy's respectful of his belongings, so I think it couldn't be avoided b/c the ball holding the treat is soft and squishy.

Too cute your girl has designated spots for it.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Owly
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a student, I work at a zoo, and I work at a veterinarian's office. I'm an active person who doesn't mind playing the occasional video game or vegging out on the sofa while holding a netflix marathon.

Post by Owly »

The side that doesn't hold the everlasting treat didn't hold up the next day after stashing a few kibbles in there. She wolfs her food down way too quickly, so I'm always putting her meals in a Kong toy. I tried this toy. She pulled out the rounded side where I had been stashing food. Now there's just a gaping hole where those little tabs use to be. She actually managed to pop the "treat" out. I don't know how the 'ell she managed it because even I had difficulty trying to pop it out. Right now she just sorta uses it to lick around on. Once shes done with it, I may try using it to freeze into an ice cube for outside play. If I buy refills it'd just be for use at work. She doesn't seem to be so keen on ripping toys and her chew sessions are very light while we're at work, which is probably why this thing seemed like a neat idea at the time. Probably would not suggest leaving it alone with her while she was in one of her turbo-chew sessions at home.
Owly, Ohio.
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

Yeah the Bento ball was destroyed in 20 minutes at my house... It looked soon good too! At least she can still play with it! Our's was shredded and unusable.... H does the same thing too, with spots. He has a spot in front of a chair he'll take his treats too to nom on. It's kinda hilarious. Every single time if I give him something to chew or takes longer to eat than a gulp, he'll run out to the living room and either stand or plop down in that ONE spot.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)