K9 Product Series - Suppliers

Found a great canine related product? Give it a review - good, bad, or meh
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

K9 Product Series - Suppliers

Post by centrop67 »

I want to take a little different approach for this version of the K9 Product Series.

Let's hear about your favorite place to buy K9 products.

Yes, I know you probably have more than one, but which one stands out to you in terms of product quality, customer service, fair pricing, and shipping terms (or maybe convenient location).
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: K9 Product Series - Suppliers

Post by centrop67 »

Hello forum members. I'd like to see a little activity on this thread.

I think it could be highly useful to the community...

Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
cordeliandemon
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: owner of a male Dutch Shepherd and female Alaskan Malamute

Post by cordeliandemon »

i get everything i cant find locally from http://www.zooplus.com/ its the biggest petshop in europe to my knowledge, they have a good selection of products not just for dogs. i always buy multiple tubs of powdered bovine fat http://www.zooplus.com/shop/dogs/supple ... nce/139572 during the colder months to make sure demon keeps an insulating layer on him.

these pig auricles are also a huge hit with demon and koda i get the 5kg bags, they seem to make their coats get very soft and shiny for whatever reason too. http://www.zooplus.com/shop/dogs/dog_tr ... ars/223113

anytime ive had an issue theyve given me a full refund/replaced an item or sent me replacement parts free of charge. shipping is always cheap/free, fast and reliable too.
Sadhbh (pronounced "Sive", its an irish name) -
Demon (dutch shepherd)
Koda (alaskan malamute)
Sidney (collie/springer spaniel)- R.I.P
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

:wtg: Thank you for getting it started :wtg:
Michael
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

I thought I had posted something yesterday morning, but I guess it timed out before I submitted it. Here's the short version:
1) I've been purchasing most of Endeavor's working supplies direct from Ray Allen. The products are superb. Shipping could be quicker :evil:
*I really like the cobra buckle flat collar, but it's way too large to fit a 50lb bitches neck. It's pretty easy to reposition one side of the Velcro to shorten it up if you have the tools & experience.
2) I just go to Petsmart for food and some treats& toys. It's close. She gets some very important social time.
3) I had found an online retailer for antler that carried only North American products, but I lost the link with a change of phones. That particular subject has a good bit of depth on this forum. It'd be sweet if we could get a list of sites/vendors that other members recommend for that. :)
4) here's one a lit of folks might not get; find a local deer butcher. I process all my own, but an awful lot of hunters don't have the time or ability. You can get a ton of scrapsand bones. You can also get hides. Cut it into 2"strips. Keep one out as a tug/reward. Freeze the rest. Hide will last indefinitely in the freezer. Works GREAT on a flirt pole for developing prey drive control!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I have started using Chewy.com.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

Elite K9 - quality working gear for half the price as RA. Better in most ways in my opinion but RA has screwed me over several times, so I'm biased. ;)

K9 Tactical Gear - also quality stuff. Inventive. Very easy to work with.

Modern Icon - high quality gear and does. not. give. out. Very easy to work with.

Working Dog Dry Goods (who by the way is coming out with their own crate... which is amazing) - quality stuff tested by two awesome people.

Hortons K9 - large selection, decent pricing, and nice stuff.

Ruffwear - I highly suggest their doggie shoes for working dogs. The rest of the stuff may be a little too weak for the harder K9s, but for those active hiking buddies their stuff is awesome and hearty.

Antlers USA - for all your antler needs...

K9Vitamins.com - tons of selection for bite stuff and some nice leashes/collars/ecollars/biothane stuff too.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

I second Ray Allen and Elite K9 for having great tactical gear for your DS.

USPALM.com has tactical gear, I got an excellent collar 1.75" and cobra buckle with large D ring clasp for Duke and cost less than the above sites.

For biting toys, I typically favor nylabone for its durability and longevity. It's worth the $20 every month and a half.

Lastly, Activedogs.com is where I got his patrol harness, they sell tons of agility equipment.