Forum issues 10/27/14

icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Forum issues 10/27/14

Post by icvanstra »

10/27/14

All,

There continue to be problems with the forum.

At this time work is keeping me from dedicating the time that the forum requires to be run/maintained properly. After seven plus years of keeping the forum alive I'm quite honestly just done with it.

I am ever so grateful for our Moderators who have been helping me out! If it were not for them the forum would have likely been shutdown last year.

I'm giving consideration to "selling" the forum. If there is anyone who has the technical skills to maintain a phpBB based forum and has the love for Dutch Shepherds please contact me soon.

Eric
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Forum issues 10/27/14

Post by Dutchringgirl »

oh crap. I do understand Eric how you are feeling.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

Having kept DSF going as you (and Bob) have has helped a lot of DSs (and owners). I'll be sorry to see it go...it's been a true treasure. :DSlove:
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

All,

Since posting this earlier today I have had quite a few people reach out to me. Some with great intentions and, admittedly, no knowledge of phpBB. Maintaining the board is not rocket science - but, it does take some effort and understanding. I'm a lowly "windows guy" and I figured it out! :pint:

I've also had a few with strong tech skills who I will be getting in touch with soon.

Bob and I have been working on why the forum isn't acting quite right.

eric
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

sounds great ! I thought about running it, I have run forums before and know enough about code and such, but I dont have the time. I am so glad there is interest in keeping it alive !!!
ImageImage
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

All,

As you can see the Dutch Shepherd Forum is up and running with most things working like they were with our old hosting company.

There are some little things that still need to be tweaked. We lost many of our smilies. Some people lost their avatars. One of the restricted areas used by the moderators was lost.

Good news? The meat and potato's of the forum is working. Email notifications are working again!

I cannot say enough thank you's to Bob for his hard work to get things working again.

We will get there with the rest of the stuff though it will not be overnight. I need to get things under control with work (insert: beer drinking smilie that isn't working) before I can put a lot of time back into it.

Please be patient.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I am so glad this is back up and running. thank you for doing whatever it took to get it back. let me know if you need any help.
ImageImage
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication, Eric!

Good thing that NADSR moved the calendar vote to Facebook so there isn't all THAT stuff to deal with on top of the recent forum issues you've been trying to manage.

;)
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

Thanks, Eric.

BOB ROCKS. :music3: But who didn't know this already...?
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Pit$Bull
Technical Administrator
Tell us about yourself: Trouble - tripawd cancer survivor. - Age 13 Rest in Peace, Sweet Girl.

Duke - rescue - Age 11
Emmi - rescue - Age 5

Post by Pit$Bull »

Raven wrote:Thanks, Eric.

BOB ROCKS. :music3: But who didn't know this already...?
:roll: :roll:
'Spirit' Trouble - Forever in my Heart.
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

Don't roll your eyes at me, young man, or I'll give ya somethin' to roll 'em about.
Pit$Bull
Technical Administrator
Tell us about yourself: Trouble - tripawd cancer survivor. - Age 13 Rest in Peace, Sweet Girl.

Duke - rescue - Age 11
Emmi - rescue - Age 5

Post by Pit$Bull »

Raven wrote:Don't roll your eyes at me, young man, or I'll give ya somethin' to roll 'em about.
Thanks Sharon, I haven't been called 'young man' for many years. :mrgreen:
'Spirit' Trouble - Forever in my Heart.