Just registered? Read This
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
Columns and Rows in your posts?
Photo Uploads - Updated Instructions
Latest K9 Products Series - Suppliers
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other breeds that may be the source of your brindle dog

This forum has a Facebook page. Click here and like the page to stay up to date with all the latest activity.
Did you know you can embed YouTube videos in your posts? Instructions Here

Membership Advisory Committee

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Accidental DS rescuer. Human companion to Radar and Leela. Owner of the site, looking to make this the top site for information and discussion on Dutch Shepherds.

Membership Advisory Committee

Post by centrop67 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:51 pm

I would like to create a Membership Advisory Committee for the Dutch Shepherd Forum.

I am now accepting nominations.

Since taking over I have made a couple of changes, but I have lots of ideas floating around in my head. I have no idea whether they'll work, or how they'll impact different member perspectives.

How would it work?
There would be a discussion area just for the members of the MAC. Ideas are discussed, refined, implemented or killed. The time commitment would be to check the discussion at least once a week. Bringing your own ideas to the table is a plus.

Who am I looking for?
I am looking for people who can represent different member types. I would like to have one person for each of the types below. I know there will be some that fit multiple types, but I would like to have a single person per type. (Note that the "rescue" type is slotted for someone who rescues as a vocation, and not just someone like me who rescued a pet for myself.) If I've missed a perspective, please tell me. Finally, there is no intended hierarchy to this list.

* Breeder
* Trainer
* Rescue^
* LEO
* SAR
* Pet Owner
* Foster
* Sports Competition
* Protection Competition
* Veterinarian
* Pet Nutrition

Yes, you can nominate yourself. The nominee does not have to be a current member.

So email me the nominee (Name and [member name or email]) and what category they fit into. I will review and then reach out to that person to discuss this further.

Thank You.
Michael
The pack -> Radar (DS), Leela (Mal?), and Karen (Human) - Cutler Bay, FL USA
RIP: Tequila and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Membership Advisory Committee

Post by Dutchringgirl » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:35 pm

I am not sure what this committee would do? Talk about ideas for the board?
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Accidental DS rescuer. Human companion to Radar and Leela. Owner of the site, looking to make this the top site for information and discussion on Dutch Shepherds.

Post by centrop67 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:37 pm

Yes exactly.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:02 pm

Ok cool
ImageImage

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:26 pm

Remember you can nominate yourself.

Also, the only commitment is to login once a week and respond to any discussion in the special Committee forum.

I still have slots open, as I review the current nominees.

Thanks.
Michael

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:33 pm

am I already on it since I am a mod? Ill be on it regardless
ImageImage

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:49 pm

Still looking for a few more nominees/volunteers...
Michael

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:41 am

The committee has started discussions, but we're one member short (for tie breaker purposes).

Anyone interested?
Michael