Smilies

Make your requests for changes and/or additions
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Smilies

Post by alspyce »

Can we get some flowers in the smilies?

While I'm here----I've been confused by these 2.

:wtg: I interpret this to be: Want to give?(Because it looks like someone shaking a collection can to me.) But I also see it used as Way to go/Thumbs up.
:yeah: I've been using this one.

Not that it matters---just interesting how everyone interprets them differently.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Re: Smilies

Post by Sugars Mom »

If you put your cursor over the smiliey, it says what it means. First on says wtg (way to go, right?) second one says yeah. Both basically mean the same thing to me..personal preference to use which one I guess.

Just my :twocents: ;)
Sue (and Sugar)

alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.

Post by alspyce »

Yes but "wtg" could also mean "Want to Give", hence my confusion.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Maybe someone else who know for sure can clarify, but I think wtg does mean way to go...although I do like the way to give with the can shaking interpertation!

Anyone?
Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

it;s a way to go smilie :D
On smilies, I mentioned it in another topic, but there is a double code for "angel" in the smilies, so de DS smilie is overruled by this stooopid blue girlie angel :dsrazz: :angel:
alspyce
Working Dog

Post by alspyce »

But we know all our personal DS's are really little angels anyway----right? (disguised so as not to show the devil in them) :angel: / :twisted:
(There's a hole in my bucket, dear Henry)
Chris Carlton/Lyric
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

I never liked her... gone! 8-)
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

What kind of flower smilies are you looking for?
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

hmmm, i have always knows WTG as Way To Go! I do like the guy with the thumbs up.

Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

Who is this dancing guy Lisa?
Sue (and Sugar)

icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

p.s. Alspyce - the WTG means Way To Go.

You can always use smilies from other sources just like DRG did and Marjolein often does

If you have one you like you just wrap the URL for it with the image (IMG button) function
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

icvanstra wrote:I never liked her... gone! 8-)
yay :angel:
alspyce
Working Dog

Post by alspyce »

Poof!
Chris Carlton/Lyric
alspyce
Working Dog

Post by alspyce »

icvanstra wrote:What kind of flower smilies are you looking for?
A bouquet type thing we could use for folks/dogs who have surgery, illness, birthday, anniversary, etc.
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Sugars Mom wrote:Who is this dancing guy Lisa?

Its Sugar :D
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ummm, did u notice it had spots not stripes? :P It is super cute tho, just like Sugar!
Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

Sugars Mom wrote:Ummm, did u notice it had spots not stripes? :P It is super cute tho, just like Sugar!
it's not spots, it's just tree very broad stripes ending in a roundisch shape at the belly and head :whistle:
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

Smilie problem Alert!!

I just found out the DS cool smiley, with the shiny glasses, is overruled by the regular smilie with sunglasses :dsshock:

I do not want this one 8-) I need the brindle! Maybe an admin (Eric?) can change the code to DScool instead of just cool, in that case we can still use both ;)
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

AND the love DS smilie is also overruled :dsdoubt:
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

Why are the people in Germany are always grumbling... :bum:
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal