ivo
No votes
Odin
6%

Total votes: 33

icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Voting November 2012: Me and my dog.

Post by icvanstra »

Please vote for your favorite photo for the theme: Me and my dog.

This months photo contest has been one of the most viewed, most talked about, most submitted and, in my opinion, one of the funnest we have had! Thank you to everyone who participated. I haven't had it audited by D&T yet - but, I think we have more first time submissions as well this month. For the first time I have not just a photo of me in the contest but also a photo I took. I know I said only one photo ... but this time around there was a non-submitted photo that I thought was too good to not be included. No - it's not the photo of Cino and me. :lol:

Cino

Olaf

K-Czar and Triton

Kai

Sugar

Dingo

Bessie

Reppie

Loki

Stella

Thalie

Ice

Ripp

Odin

Eleanor

Ruger

Zane

Letty

Kaya

Geyser

Christie

Theo

Riddick

Mokume

Trace

Ivo

Odin

Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Voting November 2012: Me and my dog.

Post by Dutchringgirl »

this one is too hard !!!! They are all so good
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Post by LyonsFamily »

Wow, there are so many pictures this month! This was my first month submitting something and I'm really glad I participated.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

How the heck are we supposed to decide on this one!!! So many great pics!
Sue (and Sugar)

vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Arrghhh! I agree. I cannot chose. I witteled it down to 6 contenders but with infinitesimal differences, how am I expected to proceed? :eek:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

I'm also in trouble...cannot decide yet....Aaaah! This one is hard!! :lol: :lol:
boxer
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Had dogs when I was growing up. Now have 5 dogs. A friend has 2 Dutch Shepherds and has acquainted me with this special breed. May get one in future. Also I know someone who might want to rescue a shepherd

Post by boxer »

I vote for trace. this is boxer
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

boxer wrote:I vote for trace. this is boxer
Hey Boxer. Welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you here.

Please take a moment and introduce yourself in the New Members Section of the forum. It would also be appreciated if you visited the User Control Panel and created a signature that included your name. People like me are easily confused and it makes it so you don't have to remember to sign all of your posts!

Welcome again! We look forward to hearing your involvement with Dutch Shepherds.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
feraloup
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.

Post by feraloup »

*lol* As much as I'm biased toward Mokume and my son, as an artist, I have to admit the technical quality of the photo is inferior to all the others! :) (I don't have a real camera, only my cell-phone camera, and Moko never holds still! :lol: )

I cast my vote for Trace... I love the pose and conversational feel.

Loki was a very close second for me...

:)

What a great bunch of photos!
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

I agree with you, Autumn, about so many great photos. i think also the ICE photo shows great humanity AND has wonderful photo quality to it. that combo is almost impossible to get as a dog owner without a friend following you around with a camera. i have very few of TD and me and really none of high photographic quality. finally when i knew i had little time left with Tracedog, i got a simple sony cybershot [ DSC-HX9/HX9V for what its worth] which is very flexible, easy, and takes decent video to boot. also recently figured out that if i take a video, i can extract from it the stills i want - and easily! with a child and pup, you would not regret getting one when you can.
thank you for liking Trace. we were actually having a conversation and someone just snapped it with an iphone. if i knew what was coming, i would have made sure he was without a collar, as he was most of the time. always thought it destroyed the beautiful flow of body and fur, but the conversation and photo just happened. he had something to say and then the moment passed.
been meaning to comment on Mokume, which i will do now in your "introducing '' post.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Bumping the voting. 10 days until it closes.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Trace :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

Fair warning :) this poll is set to end after the first of the year. I will most likely end it early so that I can work on it over the long weekend. Get your votes in!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Every intern at the Miami Herald knew that if you wanted to get your story picture on the cover of the Neighbors section, it had to have either a puppy or a kid. I initially thought that would be the best criteria to narrow down all these awesome pics, but there were four of them to choose from: Sugar, Thalie, Loki, and Mokume. All were great pics, but I had to go with Loki...
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers