January 2013 Photo Contest - Photobomb

Monthly Photo Contest
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

January 2013 Photo Contest - Photobomb

Post by icvanstra »

The theme for January 2013: Photobomb

For anyone that doesn't know what a photobomb is: "An otherwise normal photo that has been ruined or spoiled by someone who was not supposed to be in the photograph."

...generally ruined for the people in the photo but funny for those of us looking at it. In case you need some ideas and are having trouble finding examples let me google it for you. :lol:

The usual rules:
1) Please submit one photo
2) By submitting the photo you are stating you have rights to the photo
3) Please put the canine's name in your post
4) contest will be open until around the end of the month - voting will begin sometime after that.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Diesel
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hello, my name is Ashlee. I have a Dutch Shepherd who will be 5 this summer. We live in Northwest Territories Canada. Diesel is a typical Dutch Shepherd, very high intelligence and extremely high energy.

Re: January 2013 Photo Contest - Photobomb

Post by Diesel »

Yesssss! This has the potential to be hilarious!

Although, I am probably going to have to stage the "bomb".
Ashlee, Diesel and Halo
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

I got one! I got one!! :cheer:

I had lots of photobombs, but always threw them away, never saved any...
Today I brought my cam because we had snow, so on the morning round took some pics, and what da ya know:

This one is pretty funny too...showing of your pooh-hole when someone tries to take a nice pic of your niece :roll:

But I'm submitting this one:
:lol:
EDIT: few...almost forgot the bl**dy rule: it's Ivil and Dingo :DSangel:
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Same here. I would have (had) plenty, but things tend to get deleted right away.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ha, ha, I like the first one.... :oops:
Sue (and Sugar)

Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Saw this today, and though it may provide inspiration...

http://photos.ca.msn.com/slideshow/phot ... s/2tax41js
Sue (and Sugar)

Manstrom
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I'm a 23 year old military member who just got my first Dutch shepherd. I've grown up my whole life with various breeds and trained Rhodesian ridgebacks for several years prior to joining the service.

Post by Manstrom »

Harvey photobombing his buddy Paul.
"A German Shepherd does what you tell it to, a Malinois does it before you tell it, a Dutch Shepherd does it before you think it"
-Harvey, DS puppy
-Paul, gsd/lab/? Mix
-RIP Chance, 12 year old rhodesian ridgeback
credto
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: avid dog care giver and novice trainer

Post by credto »

This picture was a conversation piece with a few of my friends. and yes my fly is zipped :oops:

Cast of characters left to right , Katie - Me - Tucker
Attachments
Katies paw
Katies paw
jancontest.jpg (229.51 KiB) Viewed 8225 times
Tom & Teri
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

OK, I found 2...First one is my submission

Sugar

BTW, did anyone follow the link I had posted earlier with the photo bomb photos...some really funny ones with dogs in there :player:
Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Sugars Mom wrote: BTW, did anyone follow the link I had posted earlier with the photo bomb photos...some really funny ones with dogs in there :player:
yup, ROFLOL :lol:
Diesel
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hello, my name is Ashlee. I have a Dutch Shepherd who will be 5 this summer. We live in Northwest Territories Canada. Diesel is a typical Dutch Shepherd, very high intelligence and extremely high energy.

Post by Diesel »

Here is my submission. I was really hoping to get a funnier picture but time is running out.
Halo is photobombing Diesel as I ask him if he is the cutest dog in the world.
Attachments
photobomb1.jpg
photobomb1.jpg (30.04 KiB) Viewed 8164 times
Ashlee, Diesel and Halo
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

ok, the 3rd photo down - my contest entry - i think is a real photo-bomb. it took me all month to track these down, but i finally got to them. they were taken 4 years ago at a Marc Jacobs Christmas photo set. the Marc Jacobs people always had their own Tracedog fan club; he was always being called down the street and into various of his shops.

and each holiday, they loved to have TD pose in various settings. this particular Christmas, Tracedog was very concerned about the swan; he had been attacked by swans at the beach and knew they could be really nasty creatures. so, his instinct was to extract the sweet and vulnerable Princess from the nest of the Evil Swan. [apparently, the Princess' sweetness and rank take priority over protecting his lowly partner!] once i explained that THIS swan was a ''good'' swan [ like the ''good'' cats at the vet's office or the deli ], Trace settled down for his Christmas photo, which then got posted in the window of the Marc Jacobs women's store on Bleecker Street in the West Village.

a couple days later, we were walking by and Tracedog was called in to say hello and to show him off a bit - ''the dog rescuing the Princess,'' etcetera. lagging behind a bit, i dutifully followed. then, just as a family was posing for their Christmas portrait, an assistant on the set signaled Tracedog to come say hello to him, but the hand motion he used to do so [ palm facing upward with fingers moving upward and back in a ''come-to-me'' way ] looked to TD like my hand signal for ''up.'' so UP he went right into the field of the photo being snapped at that very moment. this was the first and final take, as they turned out to be thrilled to have Bleecker Street's mascot in their Christmas photo despite the oddity of the photo with a canine stranger in it.
Attachments
TRACEDOG TRYING to SAVE the PRINCESS from the EVIL SWAN
TRACEDOG TRYING to SAVE the PRINCESS from the EVIL SWAN
2497915464_a4968ddbba.jpg (82.14 KiB) Viewed 8117 times
ONCE PERSUADED that this was ''GOOD'' SWAN, TD SETTLES DOWN for his X-MAS PORTRAIT
ONCE PERSUADED that this was ''GOOD'' SWAN, TD SETTLES DOWN for his X-MAS PORTRAIT
2497087309_dc5f85a580.jpg (80.79 KiB) Viewed 8117 times
being motioned by a photo assistant to come say hello, TRACEDOG mistakes his gesture for the ''UP'' hand signal and swings into action at precisely the wrong moment
being motioned by a photo assistant to come say hello, TRACEDOG mistakes his gesture for the ''UP'' hand signal and swings into action at precisely the wrong moment
2497087411_b4ca842f2f.jpg (68.15 KiB) Viewed 8117 times
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Great funnies!

Marj...I would'a submitted the first one of yours :lol:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

Eriiiiic...? Image
Could I still change the submitted photoooooo??? Pretty pleasssse?? Image
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

Marjolein wrote:Eriiiiic...? Image
Could I still change the submitted photoooooo??? Pretty pleasssse?? Image
He probably won't see this for a bit, so I say yes :D
I like to take random charge and see what happens!!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

yes, the first one for Marjolein!!! :wtg:
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

Never thought anyone would like Dingo's exit, but hey, whatever you guys are into...I guess :roll:

Now, let me try and get hold of the best photobomb pic ever, I saw on a friends FB page the other day, cannot submit it, but you will laugh your ass off :lol:

hang on...
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

Not for entry, but very nice pic! :lol: :lol:
Picture is of a friend that breeds very nice Maligators 8-)
http://rosans.wix.com/rosans

:lol: :lol: LOL!!

pregnant, and in the background....new ones in the making :lol:
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

:lol:

that really was funny...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...