Growing - Moderator

icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Growing - Moderator

Post by icvanstra »

All,

My plan was to start looking for another moderator when the forum hit 1000 users. We are well past that now - though many of the user accounts are inactive.

Currently there are four moderators on the forum with two of us having full admin rights. The current moderators have discussed this over time and I've held off on seeking another Moderator.

Basic duties:
- actively monitor the forum for abuse, spam, conversations that have gotten out of control
- nudge conversations back to their topics if they get way off topic
- generally keep an eye on things
- alert the admins for problems that require elevated privileges to fix.

I would like for the new moderator to be active with Dutch Shepherds but is not a requirement. That is, someone who is active in breeding, training, rescue, etc... If you already have basic knowledge of PHPBB that is a help.

Time required is not much and the pay is poor ... well none actually! :g_wink: For the most part if you are active on the forum you are not going to add much time with moderator duties.

---

I'm going to lock this announcement so please PM me or email me. If I don't get back with you ... nudge me. Work has me pretty busy right now.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Growing - Moderator

Post by icvanstra »

Bumping...

Activity has gotten high enough on the board that we need some additional help. If anyone is interested please let me know.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)