June 2013 Photo Contest: Wildcard

Monthly Photo Contest
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

June 2013 Photo Contest: Wildcard

Post by icvanstra »

Bringing back a popular theme that we haven't done in a while: Wildcard.

For those of you who don't remember this one, it is easy! Post anything you want - wild, wacky, fun, loving, whatever.

The usual rules:
1) Please submit one photo
2) By submitting the photo you are stating you have rights to the photo
3) Please put the canine's name in your post
4) contest will be open until around the end of the month - voting will begin sometime after that.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
credto
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: avid dog care giver and novice trainer

Re: June 2013 Photo Contest: Wildcard

Post by credto »

Once Tucker was let out of the Jeep he went spazy
Attachments
The beach happy dance
The beach happy dance
482465_606519746029367_1713681126_n.jpg (39.16 KiB) Viewed 6984 times
Tom & Teri
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Yes, this is Thalie, Mrs Dignified, in one of her less dignified moments thanks to my daughter.
1006001103.jpg
1006001103.jpg (102.37 KiB) Viewed 6983 times
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Chessie17
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hi, We have a 7 month old, mali dutch cross, he is our whole world and look foward to reading about them on here! We live in miami florida.

Post by Chessie17 »

This is my dutch shepherd desk, he gets jealous when i use the computer! This is Mr. Kane :)

Its the only way I can look on the forum ;)
Attachments
kane.jpg
kane.jpg (5.79 KiB) Viewed 6936 times
Im a lucky girl to have Watson in my world! <3
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Radar making his goofy face:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchie_17
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I'm Liz I am 21 & in currently in the process of getting my first Dutch Shepherd!!

Post by Dutchie_17 »

Titus my 9 week beauty just chillin :DSlove: He's even making cat people fall in love with him. Seriously, how can you not resist the Dutchie charm?! :player: :DScool: :player:

Liz and Titus <3
WorkingK9
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Have rescued and trained dogs for most of my life, rescued high drive, aggressive dogs and gave them a job to do.

I currently have a dutch shepherd I am training dual purpose and PSA (one of Katrina's pups)

Post by WorkingK9 »

K playing in the creek after training on a hot day.
=============
In Christ, Kimberly
KRPetz - Working K9's (http://KRPetz.com)
Metro K9's Billy Idol "K-Czar" - BH, CGC, ACAL3, TT
M9's Viking Warrior "Hiccup/Triton" - In training for Service work for a Marine
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

I'm surprised there aren't more entries....but having said that, I haven't entered, lol. I will have to find a pic pretty soon tho!
Sue (and Sugar)

johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

so will I; I have known all month what photo I want to enter but have not had the time to re-size, etc. but it is very surprising that EVERYONE has not entered their favorite off-beat photo.
the one of K is a really beautiful photo in which he is also very beautiful. my own entry will not be beautiful - more just a moment that is striking in its own way like others here.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

Post by Sugars Mom »

SUGAR

Sue (and Sugar)

johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

TraceDog was 7 years old when this photo was taken by a visiting friend of a neighbor. I learned of its existence a year later by accident. it was taken with a very old ''brownie''-like camera, so the quality is atrocious - a true ''snapshot.'' I was not even present at this moment - probably walking down the beach toward where TD had met up with his best girlfriend, who was a silly dog who was always escaping her enclosed yard away from the beach to see if TD was hanging out - sometimes even invading TDs yard to play.

TD found her very annoying, but was also very amused at how silly, misbehaving and out-of-control she could be [ almost all the time !]. he would actually sit [ when she allowed ] and actually laugh as he watched in amazement at her antics. when she did not give him enough space [ seldom did ], he would get very creative in his corrections. once - when they were both in about 20'' of water and she was really annoying for way too long, he wrapped his right, front paw over her neck and held her head in place under water. all was still; he was calm and still and his buddy seemed headless for a remarkably long time. that did the trick for the day.

[ she was not dog friendly; she would even attack other dogs for no reason. TD was the only dog she would tolerate - and other than being completely annoying, gave him all the honors of being top dog.]

I will try to post alternative ''wildcard'' pics in photos soon. I have written passages 5 times today and attached some photos - only suddenly to be told that webpage had expired [ despite that it had not been long ] so no more of that today --- I just hope this makes it.
Attachments
TD NINJA.tif
TD NINJA.tif (426.44 KiB) Viewed 6669 times
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
johninny
Working Dog

Post by johninny »

TraceDog was 7 years old when this photo was taken by a visiting friend of a neighbor. I learned of its existence a year later by accident. it was taken with a very old ''brownie''-like camera, so the quality is atrocious - a true ''snapshot.'' I was not even present at this moment - probably walking down the beach toward where TD had met up with his best girlfriend, who was a silly dog who was always escaping her enclosed yard away from the beach to see if TD was hanging out - sometimes even invading TDs yard to play.

TD found her very annoying, but was also very amused at how silly, misbehaving and out-of-control she could be [ almost all the time !]. he would actually sit [ when she allowed ] and actually laugh as he watched in amazement at her antics. when she did not give him enough space [ seldom did ], he would get very creative in his corrections. once - when they were both in about 20'' of water and she was really annoying for way too long, he wrapped his right, front paw over her neck and held her head in place under water. all was still; he was calm and still and his buddy seemed headless for a remarkably long time. that did the trick for the day.

[ she was not dog friendly; she would even attack other dogs for no reason. TD was the only dog she would tolerate - and other than being completely annoying, gave him all the honors of being top dog.]

I will try to post alternative ''wildcard'' pics in photos soon. I have written passages 5 times today and attached some photos - only suddenly to be told that webpage had expired [ despite that it had not been long ] so no more of that today --- I just hope this makes it.

so, here is TRACEDOG NINJA:
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Sugars Mom wrote:I'm surprised there aren't more entries....but having said that, I haven't entered, lol. I will have to find a pic pretty soon tho!
I think the last couple of contests have had early-on entries that set the bar too high, and this one's definitely got that.

I am not complaining. I just think that might be why there's fewer entries.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
johninny
Working Dog

Post by johninny »

but we all want to see more wonderful photos. everyone should enter every month if the time can be found. who would want to miss Tucker's dance, Thalie's ball gown, all the weird looks they get on their faces, and so much more. looking at all the photos is major entertainment for me. hope everyone posts their odd, beautiful, or personally-treasured pics over the weekend!
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

John, I can't see your photo....?
Sue (and Sugar)

Karin
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hi there.
I WILL be a new Dutch Shepherd owner on July 20th!!! Puppies are on the ground and a huge litter at 14! Very excited. I chose the Dutch because I like high drive dogs and my husband likes shepherds. We both have had GSDs in our past. I also am interested in search and rescue training. I live in the mountains of California and have two older Australian Shepherds. I do know that I have a job managing this pack. My husband is on board with it all. No kids. Both of us have flexible jobs. We are active folk but aging! ;-))
Still we mountain bike, hike, cross-country ski and my husband runs. I walk in the woods with the dogs 3 times a day and we are lucky to have US Forest right out the door. So that is it.

Post by Karin »

Note really certain if I am complying with the rules as I did not take this photo... Les Flores did. But hey it is a wildcard. Only problem is that I don't know which one of these will be mine and I have not settled on a name in part as I'm not totally certain of the sex. But it is a photo and how we love photos....
Image[/URL]
Karin In Lake Tahoe
Ptygo de las Flores (Tee-go)
Born May 24, 2013
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

What happened to the "Flower" contest? Never say a voting. :whistle:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
johninny
Working Dog

Post by johninny »

Sue, for some reason unbeknownst to me, my text posted twice [ I was having horrible problems with every posting I attempted that day and gave up on 4 long things with pics that I wrote], and, at least on my computer, the FIRST posting does appear with the photo and the second one does not have a photo [ quite bizarre ]. did you see both copies of the posting or just the 2nd one? if you cannot see a photo on the first one also, please let me know. the photo I posted was a ''tiff'' - whatever that is - so if it is not appearing at all, could that be the reason? thank you, Sue!
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

Nope John, I see 2 postings (duplicates), first says tiff at end but no pic and second has no pic at all ????
Sue (and Sugar)