Koko - Brevet FR 86.1

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
MXCasey
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Veterinary student in Mexico City, my grfriend is a vet, we live with 2 Westies 1 Road Shepherd (male) and i Dutch shepherd (female): Koko van Neerland

Koko - Brevet FR 86.1

Post by MXCasey »

Ok- could have been better, and it took me almost 4 years of training :o but finally Koko got her FR brevet! Yeah! Unfortunately Koko deciced that jan. 14th, competition date, was a nice day to be extremely distracted. We lost points wherever points were available to be lost ;) but still, I am very proud of my little monster! I haven't seen my scorecard yet (I had to leave early) but as soon as I get it I'll tell you were the points were lost. We've videotaped the event but I'm afraid I don't want everybody to see me suffering to maintain Koko's attention- so I'll keep that to myself ;)

Kees
Dear visitors:
1). My dogs live here. You don't.
2). If you don't want their hair on your clothes, please steer clear of their furniture.
3). I love my dogs a lot more than I love most most people.
4). For you: pets. For me: my furry friends.
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Koko - Brevet FR 86.1

Post by leih merigian »

Congratulations! I think the most hard won prizes are worth the most...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Kees,

HUGE congratulations on the two of your's efforts!!!

I don't think you can go to any competition and not hear, "the dog's never done that before..."
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Wow! Gefeliciteerd!!

well done, are you sure we cannot see the video??? Please please pretty please :g_wink: I don't know the programm that well, so it would be for educational purposes only? :whistle:
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

Congrats!!!!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

8-) Goed zo Kees! Congratulations to you and Koko! :DSchick:
I am sorry that you dropped points all over the place, but I cannot say I do not understand how that could happen. :oops:
I have gone to a KNPV trial with a solid good dog, and came away with a boatload less points than the dog deserved. She was suffering from a green, nervous handler at the time, picked up on my stress, added some intelligent deduction that I was not going to (be able to) correct her for anything that day, and had a total ball. :evil: Her obedience had gone from good to deplorable. She suffered acute hearing loss on most of the 'out' commands, and turned out to have lost most of her agile abilities, since she could not longer jump. As I got more frustrated, she got more contrary. It was an interesting day, but we got our KNPV title and once I was over the fact that the beast had just used my inability to showcase her own independence, I continued to enjoy that great dog until this very day, as one of my old time favorites. I also became an avid believer in practice trials. (and not to test the dogs abilites, mind you, but to test my own) :mrgreen:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

vneerland wrote:8-) As I got more frustrated, she got more contrary...Also became an avid believer in practice trials. (and not to test the dogs abilites, mind you, but to test my own) :mrgreen:
I'm finding the first is the norm for these guys :lol: , and totally agree with the second part, too!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

Congratulations!!! Since 75 is passing - you beat that with more than 10 points. I am sure you did and looked better than you think!!

I competed with Willow for about 7 years. We got our PSA1 at our first trial.....and that was our last title. I became a trial whore and was always the one to "throw my dog in" to increase entries. She knew trial day like no other. And she LOVED them. I always loved competing with her because I could never stop laughing. My only validation was when my boyfriend decided that it was all about "our" relationship (Willow's and mine). Now I won't doubt that was how it all started. But he asked to handle her. So he worked with her for a few months and then took her on a 10 day business trip, so it would just be the two of them before trial day. I wasn't even allowed at the competition.

My perfect Princess pulled in a 20/100 with him :o She started healing with the decoys, taking jumps on her own, in general did whatever she wanted. I wanted to feel bad for him. He was pissed and wouldn't let her do any bitework (can't blame him, but that's where she always smoked it). I was kinda glad that she didn't go out there and do better though :oops: I know, that's horrible.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Christie M wrote: I know, that's horrible.
It is, but very understandable :DSsmile: You would have had to hear it for yeeeeeeeeeeeears!
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

Christie M wrote:I was kinda glad that she didn't go out there and do better though :oops: I know, that's horrible.
Oh, I totally get that!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Brindle
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )

Post by Brindle »

CONGRATULATIONS Koko & Kees !!!! :w00t:
Nice when all the hard work pays off, even if it doesn't go quite as planned.
You two have managed something that many can not. Good job !!! :wtg:
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
Brindle
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD

Post by Brindle »

vneerland wrote:
I have gone to a KNPV trial with a solid good dog, and came away with a boatload less points than the dog deserved. She was suffering from a green, nervous handler at the time, picked up on my stress, added some intelligent deduction that I was not going to (be able to) correct her for anything that day, and had a total ball. :evil: Her obedience had gone from good to deplorable. She suffered acute hearing loss on most of the 'out' commands, and turned out to have lost most of her agile abilities, since she could not longer jump. As I got more frustrated, she got more contrary. It was an interesting day, but we got our KNPV title and once I was over the fact that the beast had just used my inability to showcase her own independence, I continued to enjoy that great dog until this very day, as one of my old time favorites.
THANKYOU so much for sharing this.
I can totally envision your dogs creative fun day and the increasing handler stress & frustration.
Made me laugh as I can SO see what you described.

We're just days away from our first trial adventure ( BH ) and I'm already a major stress case. :help:
I can just imagine the intresting report we'll have ................
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

Jenny - is that this weekend already? Just play and have fun. Don't over train right before the trial. Lots of tugging and play will relieve YOUR stress. :) Good luck!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
Brindle
Green Dog

Post by Brindle »

k9katet wrote:Jenny - is that this weekend already? Just play and have fun. Don't over train right before the trial. Lots of tugging and play will relieve YOUR stress. :) Good luck!
Yes, it is :eew:
Just been trying to relax and have fun with him.
Working a little on a couple of exercises.

vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Brindle wrote:THANKYOU so much for sharing this.
I can totally envision your dogs creative fun day and the increasing handler stress & frustration.
Made me laugh as I can SO see what you described.
We're just days away from our first trial adventure ( BH ) and I'm already a major stress case. :help:
I can just imagine the intresting report we'll have ................
It was not funny at the time, I assure you. :lol: Envision KNPV PH 1 as a (non existent) Schutzhund 5. Envision that your first try is your last try. While you can, officially, try again, your dog will be branded a sh*tter among your peers if you need more than one try. That great score should be obtained on your first try, and your entry level is way higher than a Sch3. :shock: No pressure, right? Then add a first time handler and you have a recipy for some major disappointment.

I wish you the best of luck for your upcoming trial. Try to approach it with the knowledge that you trained hard for it, and that you can do it. And above all: if something goes wrong that should not have gone wrong, do not get to frustrated. :twisted: (or your dog will pick up on that) GOOD luck and keep us posted!
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
bayca
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Jan,lives in holland with 3 DS

Post by bayca »

allright Kees, welldone.I know how hard it is!