Lazy Puppies

General "standards" discussion not specifically related to the coat variety
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Lazy Puppies

Post by Mark77 »

Deleted.
Last edited by Mark77 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Lazy Puppies

Post by centrop67 »

That's not lazy. That's recharging which doesn't take long for a DS.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

HA, they dont sleep, you move and *BAM* they are wide awake and ready for action. :eek:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

I wanna be the one with the butt on the puffy, blanket-covered pillow.

And they're both ready to leap into action: the lighter one is already poised to spring and Mr. Pillow Butt just has to push off the wall.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

I bought the couches new five years ago, between them constantly standing on them to see out the windows or laying on them like you see there- it's time for new couches. I gave up trying to keep them off the furniture and refuse to crate them at night because frankly I want them to alert me if someone is outside. The female sleeps at the foot of our bed, the male sleeps downstairs on the big couch not shown. Nothing like hearing his bark at 3am to let me know a raccoon is out by the garbage cans.

M
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

I know a trainer (old yank-and-crank trainer) who believes something is amiss in pack structure if a dog sleeps in another part of the house, voluntarily, instead of with the owners (be it the floor or bed of the bedroom). What say you? You know your dog. ;) (This guy also believes a prong belongs on a 8-week old pup and it needs to stay there and be used without any sense of fair play for at least one year. :yernuts: )

My guy will not get on a couch or bed to lounge unless one of us is on it and he's invited (angel!)------but I'll be damned if I can get that to translate to using the couch, Paul Revere-style, to police the planet (Beelzebub!). The only thing I haven't done is wire the couch with a low-voltage zap.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

To be honest, Riddick is just smart. When we have the air off, the upstairs is at least ten degrees warmer than downstairs- so he sleeps on the couch under the ceiling fan and then of course barks if he sees anything going on outside. I like it better when he's downstairs watching the house so I can leave all the ground level windows open.

One of my friends wanted to test to see what would happen if he entered my home unannounced without me going in with him. So while I waited on the porch, my buddy opened the front door and just walked in. Now in all fairness I warned my friend not to do that but he insisted so I let him, which I admit I was curious myself to see what might happen. In hindsight it probably wasn't a good idea. Riddick didn't even bark, just tried to latch onto my friend's leg, then ripped the pocket off his cargo shorts as my buddy came running out the front door screaming for me to call the dog off. I told him not to mess with the dog but the guy was drinking and thought it would be funny. Riddick won't mess around, that's his house and he will protect it. He takes his "job" very seriously.

:DScool:

M
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

:lol: about Riddick "moving south." He stays cool just by doing his job.

My guy, too, doesn't bark with perceived intruders. He approaches by stealth and doesn't ask questions.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Mark77 wrote:In hindsight it probably wasn't a good idea.

:lol: :lol: :lol: What made you think that??

After years of training them, I could have called that one, I think I would have been on the ground dying from a heart attack from laughing so hard.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage