Hilde's 2nd Trial

racingiron1
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hilde is a rescue that we suspect is at least partially Dutch Shepherd.

Hilde's 2nd Trial

Post by racingiron1 »

We did another local ASCA trial on Sunday. I had high hopes that the she'd improve a bit this time. The turnout was pretty low, so the environment was a bit more relaxed, and there was less waiting around (which I think is stressful for her). Well, the results were actually a bit worse. :( I suspect she was a little under the weather since she had a few, ah... minor "digestive issues" over the weekend. She just wasn't very energetic or as motivated as she normally is in the class. We had class Monday night, and she was back to her normal peppy self.

Still, we had fun at the trial and it was a good experience. Here are some (well, a bunch of) pictures:
ASCA_0199.jpg
Here's a point where where she took the the A-frame out of order, and as I called her back off the judge standing nearby threw up her hands to signal the penalty. She stopped as if to say, "What're you doing, lady?"
ASCA_0202.jpg
Here she's crossing the A-frame, but not nearly with her usual vigor. Normally she bounds over the apex and kicks her rear legs high in the air as she drives down the back side.
ASCA_0205.jpg
ASCA_0210.jpg
ASCA_0207.jpg
ASCA_0221.jpg
ASCA_0427.jpg
ASCA_0432.jpg
ASCA_1372.jpg
ASCA_1374.jpg
ASCA_1376.jpg
ASCA_1385.jpg
I just like this shot because it looks like she's levitating along the floor. :D
ASCA_1386.jpg
ASCA_1391.jpg
ASCA_1493.jpg
ASCA_1497.jpg
ASCA_8044.jpg
Here's another indicator of her low energy. I typically have to work hard to make sure she hits her contacts before leaving the obstacle. Here, she's casually waltzing with all four on the contact!
ASCA_8051.jpg
ASCA_8935.jpg
ASCA_8940.jpg
ASCA_8948.jpg
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Hilde's 2nd Trial

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Thats fantastic !! How are you finding training with her? I did agility with Thalie and I found it really hard. I was new to it and Thalie was so fast I could not keep up with her. I was alot of fun though. I wish I kept doing it.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
k9lexi
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Over the past 25 years I shared my life with a Rott, two Akitas, and a Shepherd/Husky mix. I now have my first Dutch Shepherd. Lexi was born in early September 2014. She is great in so many different ways but I could use advice from some been there done that DS owners.

Post by k9lexi »

Awesome photos
racingiron1
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hilde is a rescue that we suspect is at least partially Dutch Shepherd.

Post by racingiron1 »

Dutchringgirl wrote:Thats fantastic !! How are you finding training with her? I did agility with Thalie and I found it really hard. I was new to it and Thalie was so fast I could not keep up with her. I was alot of fun though. I wish I kept doing it.
I'm really enjoying it, and she seems to love it. She learns super fast. She's (usually) very quick, so it keeps me in shape. Right now, we're starting to work on getting her to work at a distance. So far, she's been glued to my side, so it's not easy. I also need to do more work with her at different venues and different times. She does great in the regular class that she's familiar with, but different times/people/dogs/etc. throw her off. Overall, it's a great way for her to stay physically and mentally active, and a good way for me to burn off calories from alcohol consumption! :hic:
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

YES !!! undoing the Velcro dog was the hardest ! Getting her to go < over there> to that jump was hard. I did love it very much!!

Keep up with the pictures !
ImageImage
racingiron1
Green Dog

Post by racingiron1 »

I won't bother to link the videos of the trial, since they're pretty embarrassing, but here are a couple from previous classes. If someone would enable youtube embedding on this board, I could embed them right in the post rather than make you follow the links... :stick: ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DCz5AV7ySk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HdsW3xPODo
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

racingiron1 wrote:If someone would enable youtube embedding on this board, I could embed them right in the post rather than make you follow the links...
Ouch. I apologize, but believe it or not there's still some broken parts that I haven't solved from the last board upgrade. So far, they're not readily apparent, but I am not about to introduce new stuff until they are resolved.

Anyway, I love the pictures. I am so jealous, because I know if Radar would lose the reactivity he could compete at a high level at just about anything.

Also, just about any one of those pics could have made it into the photo contest, with a little photoshopped sign. Especially the Amazing Levitating Hilde shot :wtg:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
racingiron1
Green Dog

Post by racingiron1 »

centrop67 wrote:Ouch. I apologize, but believe it or not there's still some broken parts that I haven't solved from the last board upgrade. So far, they're not readily apparent, but I am not about to introduce new stuff until they are resolved.
Hey, no problem at all! It was just a friendly poke. :stick:
Also, just about any one of those pics could have made it into the photo contest, with a little photoshopped sign. Especially the Amazing Levitating Hilde shot :wtg:
Something like that was my plan, but I was having writer's block on the sign contents.
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

fantastic video !!!!

For the sea saw, do you guys do the stop at the end of it so they dont jump off early?
ImageImage
racingiron1
Green Dog

Post by racingiron1 »

Dutchringgirl wrote:For the sea saw, do you guys do the stop at the end of it so they dont jump off early?
Yeah, originally we would use "target" and reward with two feet on the end, but now I just try to slow her down. You can see in that video that she briefly checks the ground for a treat, just in case! If I run ahead of her she will definitely fly off the end before it hits.
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde
lindalew
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hello, I've been lurking about this forum for a year now - can't believe my puppy just turned one!! I've gained all kinds of information and advice from you all, and am thankful for it. Dutchess is a sweetheart of a dog, and the insight I've gained from this forum has been most valuable!

Post by lindalew »

Awesome photos and video! That looks like so much fun. How long have you been doing agility?
cordeliandemon
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: owner of a male Dutch Shepherd and female Alaskan Malamute

Post by cordeliandemon »

shes so cute, looks like great fun :)
really taken aback at how little and petite she is! (and maybe a bit envious) i invested in a bunch of agility equipment when demon was younger but hes far too tall to fit through the tunnels and tire jumps (and the price increase for a little more plastic/cloth/whatever when it comes to large dogs is just ridiculous for anything from collars, bowls and crates to toys and jumps, its a real swizz) :|
Sadhbh (pronounced "Sive", its an irish name) -
Demon (dutch shepherd)
Koda (alaskan malamute)
Sidney (collie/springer spaniel)- R.I.P