FINALLY - Our Trial Date is Set

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

FINALLY - Our Trial Date is Set

Post by Christie M »

ThunderHawk Canine Working Dog Club will be hosting a joint Shcutzhund and PSA trial on the weekend of July 2nd & 3rd.

The Schutzhund portion will be the first sanctioned WDSA (Working Dutch Shepherd Association) event and it will be held on Saturday. The PSA portion will be held on Sunday. Since it is a holiday weekend, we will have a cookout on Saturday night, complete with a band :D

The location is in Knoxville, TN - details to follow. I will post hotel info and camping is available on site. I really hope everyone can plan to make it!! It will be an AWESOME time!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Kristie E
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: FINALLY - Our Trial Date is Set

Post by Kristie E »

Oh how exciting!!! I can camp in my car with Gwen!!! lol... I hope we can be there.
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Congrats on getting it all set up! It sure sounds like a blast...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Trial? What law did you break?
(can you tell that I hang around too many cops?) :oops:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Excellent!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Sounds like an excellent time! Much success wished your way. It would be doable for me to make that drive, but as spectator. Been out of DVG Schutzhund now nearly 5 yrs. Do post details. Good luck!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

I'm thinking I'm going to try to make the trek and get Narc ready for his BH. I don't really have anyone else ready for anything. Hopefully there will be lots of DS there. :)
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Some details

Post by Christie M »

Hey all -

The WDSA Schutzhund trial will be Saturday and PSA on Sunday. Saturday night we will be having a bonfire dinner complete with a band, great food, a keg and ofcourse (because it is a PSA event...) the pay-per-view UKC fight

TN Dog Sports Festival – Schutzhund and PSA
July 2nd & 3rd, 2011
Knoxville, TN

Trial Location:
TN Valley Working Dogs
8324 Old Maynardville Pike
Knoxville, TN 37938

Hosting Club:
ThunderHawk Canine Working Dog Club

Contacts:
Matthew Faccinto mattfaccinto@thunderhawkcanine.com 931 510-5084
Christie Meyer christie@thunderhawkcanine.com 931 858-7091

Saturday, July 2, 2011
AWDF Sanctioned WDSA (Working Dutch Shepherd Assoc) Schutzhund Trial
Titles offered: BH, OB1-OB3, TR1-TR3, FH, SchA, IPO1-IPO3
Judge: Alfred Hupfrauer – FCI certified IPO judge
Helpers: Cory Dewberry & Thomas Burlile
Fees: BH, SchA = $55. OB1-OB3, TR1-TR3 = $40. FH1-FH2 & IPO1-IPO3 = $65
Registration deadline: June 11, 2011. No entries will be permitted past this date.

Sunday, July 3, 2011
PSA Trial
Titles offered: PDC SD, PDC, PSA1-PSA3
Judge: Christie Meyer
Decoys: Matthew Faccinto, Scott Nordgren, Cory Dewberry & Thomas Burlile
Fees: PDC SD, PDC = $55. PSA1-PSA3 = $65
Registration will be limited and handled on a first come, first served basis. On site registration will only be available if entries permit.

You must be a current member of an AWDF or FCI recognized organization (DVG, USA, WDSA, AWMA…etc) to participate in Saturday’s trial, with a scorebook already obtained. You must be a PSA member with PSA scorebook to participate in Sunday’s trial. Memberships and membership renewal will be available on site for the PSA trial only, along with scorebooks. PSA titles/scores can and will be recorded in AWDF scorebooks, but a separate PSA scorebook is also required.
Attachments
Entry.zip
(273.57 KiB) Downloaded 512 times
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Brindle
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )

Post by Brindle »

How did the first ever WDSA trial go ?
Hoping everyone had lots of fun.
Looking forward to hearing all about the trial and the results.

Good luck today to all the PSA competitors.
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".

Post by k9katet »

I'm curious about the results too! I saw the pic on Facebook of the OB1 Mali.
k9katet
Training Dog

Post by k9katet »

I just saw that Matt and Vader got their BH too. Vader looks like a DS.