Just registered? Read This
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
Columns and Rows in your posts?
Photo Uploads - Updated Instructions
Latest K9 Products Series - Suppliers
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other breeds that may be the source of your brindle dog

This forum has a Facebook page. Click here and like the page to stay up to date with all the latest activity.
Did you know you can embed YouTube videos in your posts? Instructions Here

Old Dog Ripley - what is she, anyways?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
CoraCorva
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Just on here because I'm curious if my supposed Dutch Shepherd/pitbull mix actually has any DS appearance! I also have a GSD/malamute and I work at a farm with 2 awesome and very smart LGDs.

Old Dog Ripley - what is she, anyways?

Post by CoraCorva » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:29 am

Hey, Dutch Shepherd people! This is my dog Ripley! She's absolutely the most intelligent, mischievous, athletic, and quick-learning dog I've ever been lucky enough to call my own, but I don't know her parentage. I got her from a shelter about 13 years about when she was a little over a year old.

The shelter described her as "a shepherd/boxer mix" on one form, and a "Dutch Shepherd Dog mix" on another form. I'm not sure what's correct! Here are some photos. Her head seems a bit too square at the back to be DS, and her tail seems to thin and curved. She's also kind of a lighter colour (she has faded with age) and she's got a white spot on her chest. If she's not DS, maybe you guys can help me out with what she could be instead! I love her to pieces, and for all I care she's part zebra!

this is her today - she is 14 and quite grey!

Rip and her puppy friend helping with some remodeling

Thanks for having a look! Sorry I don't have any better front-views, she's always in motion

Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Re: Old Dog Ripley - what is she, anyways?

Post by Steve Gossmeyer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:44 am

Dutchie mix

Duke
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:54 pm

I love how she is involved in all climates. Nice dog

CoraCorva
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Just on here because I'm curious if my supposed Dutch Shepherd/pitbull mix actually has any DS appearance! I also have a GSD/malamute and I work at a farm with 2 awesome and very smart LGDs.

Post by CoraCorva » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:15 pm

Thanks, you guys! Think you're probably right. Not quite sure what the other breeds there are, but possibly some bully breed.