Yoda tracking

Discussion of Tracking in the various sports.
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Yoda tracking

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Yoda tracking

Post by TimL_168 »

:DSlove:
Have you ever used a Botcher?
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

It's not surprising to see that DS intense focus on the job at hand, but it's still a "wow" moment.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

TimL_168 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:32 pm :DSlove:
I don't know what that is...
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

centrop67 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:36 pm It's not surprising to see that DS intense focus on the job at hand, but it's still a "wow" moment.
Thanks!!!
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:09 am
It's entirely possible I horribly misspelled it. It's intended to keep the dog's nose down.
http://leerburg.com/867.htm
I only ask because you're the most active person I see on here actually doing tracking. I'm training En for trailing game, and I've had to basically start over after doing nothing but area searches for the past six months or so.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

How long was that track? Looks close to 200 yards!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

TimL_168 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:42 am
Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:09 am
It's entirely possible I horribly misspelled it. It's intended to keep the dog's nose down.
http://leerburg.com/867.htm
I only ask because you're the most active person I see on here actually doing tracking. I'm training En for trailing game, and I've had to basically start over after doing nothing but area searches for the past six months or so.
I've never used them... no need to with the way I teach foundation!
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

TimL_168 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:49 am How long was that track? Looks close to 200 yards!
That's about right! 4 legs around 50 yards a leg... I normally lay 6-8 50 yard legs lol I was being lazy this day!
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

This weekend I'll take another good video of a long track for you guys!
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

What do you do to prepare for the tracking? Not asking for me or my dog. Curious about what you are doing. It's fascinating to see your videos. I have found dog sports enjoyable. The videos I've been watching lately are very entertaining and I'm hoping you will make a video of what you do to set up for Yoda.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG