Doing what we do best!!!

Have a photo you want to share?
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Doing what we do best!!!

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Cool picture from tracking this morning
Attachments
IMG_1865.JPG
IMG_1865.JPG (74.97 KiB) Viewed 3636 times
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Doing what we do best!!!

Post by TimL_168 »

:wtg:
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Looks like fun. What were you tracking? Anything in particular or just on the hunt?
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Ipo tracking
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

My dog would just find a nice smell in the grass and roll in it. Does your dog do any agility?
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

I strictly do ipo... so if you include the hurdle and A frame then yes lol
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Post by Duke »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:14 am I strictly do ipo... so if you include the hurdle and A frame then yes lol
Definitely included :wtg:
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Lazy me with a question. What is IPO? I could look it up but after two long shifts with only two 30 minutes of break and only four hours of sleep... I rather ask you with this 'run on question to get the answer
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

Joxgirl wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:01 pm Lazy me with a question. What is IPO? I could look it up but after two long shifts with only two 30 minutes of break and only four hours of sleep... I rather ask you with this 'run on question to get the answer
Schutzhund
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:08 pm
Joxgirl wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:01 pm Lazy me with a question. What is IPO? I could look it up but after two long shifts with only two 30 minutes of break and only four hours of sleep... I rather ask you with this 'run on question to get the answer
Schutzhund
I thought so. Any videos that you recommend to watch to see theses amazing dogs at work/training?
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Duke
Training Dog

Post by Duke »

Joxgirl wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:51 pm
Schutzhund
I thought so. Any videos that you recommend to watch to see theses amazing dogs at work/training?
I'll link you to one. There's an amazing dutch shepherd video, in fact there are several on the forum here. See if I can't find the link
Duke
Training Dog

Post by Duke »

A lot of interesting PPD comments here viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4540

YouTube video of shark tank:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jRs9vkdLg9I

...looking for 1 more
Duke
Training Dog

Post by Duke »

This is an excellent video of a Dutch Shepherd that gets his training in

https://youtu.be/YXrpjBcGEJc
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

Joxgirl wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:51 pm
Schutzhund
Just type in schutzhund in YouTube
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

What duke posted is completely different from schutzhund... so if you are looking for what it is just google it
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

Duke wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:21 pm This is an excellent video of a Dutch Shepherd that gets his training in

https://youtu.be/YXrpjBcGEJc
Honestly this isn't that amazing to be advertised as so it's ok training... no real obedience and a dog that runs down field and bites that's about it
Last edited by Steve Gossmeyer on Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

Here's a great example of ipo minus the tracking
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Thank you Steve. I'm much more awake now. Great video. Amazing what these dogs can do. I fell in love with the discipline I saw demonstrated at a police K9 event.
Rogue has only been with me four days. I walk with her in a leash. Getting her used to it. Today I let her off to have s run of our yard. I loved how she fell In step by my side as we walked.

Keith thanks for helping out.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

Joxgirl wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:50 am Thank you Steve. I'm much more awake now. Great video. Amazing what these dogs can do. I fell in love with the discipline I saw demonstrated at a police K9 event.
Rogue has only been with me four days. I walk with her in a leash. Getting her used to it. Today I let her off to have s run of our yard. I loved how she fell In step by my side as we walked.

Keith thanks for helping out.
Anytime!
Duke
Training Dog

Post by Duke »

I do what I can. I enjoy watching these videos